DCS: MiG-15bis - Stream with developers.

Hellboy

I can see both sides here. Sure, the aircraft is of russian origin and it is only authentic to have the cockpit in russian.

But from an immersion standpoint, it makes sense to have it in english for english speaking / not russian speaking people. Like ... I fly a russian bird, I pretend to be russian, but I can't read anything even if my life depended on it. Instead I am sitting in the cockpit like the proverbial pig that stares into a clockwork ... not too immersive, imho.

Allright, no hell broke loose, but also nobody really complained afaik. And then there is always Devrim to the rescue, if in doubt! ;o)

We should move on, allright? ;o)

I can see both sides here. Sure, the aircraft is of russian origin and it is only authentic to have the cockpit in russian.

But from an immersion standpoint, it makes sense to have it in english for english speaking / not russian speaking people. Like ... I fly a russian bird, I pretend to be russian, but I can't read anything even if my life depended on it. Instead I am sitting in the cockpit like the proverbial pig that stares into a clockwork ... not too immersive, imho.

Allright, no hell broke loose, but also nobody really complained afaik. And then there is always Devrim to the rescue, if in doubt! ;o)

We should move on, allright? ;o)

:D nicely said. Let´s enjoy this beauty when it´s released. Can´t wait!!!

When is release date for mig-15?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

DCS is hard enough for newcomers, without having to learn several dozen russian words :)

An english, or which ever country you are would be great! Just like the Ka-50.

I look at it this way: If I could read Russian as a native speaker, all of the writing in the cockpit would be readable to me. So I find it more realistic to think/pretend that I can read Russian fluently (while the words are actually in English).

EDIT: Either way though, if there is an option, then everyone is happy!

Edited by FlyingHighAU

I look at it this way: If I could read Russian as a native speaker, all of the writing in the cockpit would be readable to me. So I find it more realistic to think/pretend that I can read Russian fluently (while the words are actually in English).

It would also be more realistic if the aircraft systems operated themselves, cause, you know, if you were a trained A-10C pilot, you would be using that avionics set with ease anyway ;). Sorry mate, I don't buy that argument at all. I'm not saying translated cockpits are wrong, but they're certainly not "more realistic".

Whats wrong with learning some words in another language? I'm Swedish and I know for a fact that NO game will ever be released in Swedish. Should I moan about it or do something about it? I love to fly the Finnish MiG-21 just to learn some words and phrases. Do you guys want to ruin the cockpits of the German warbirds with English as well? A total immersion breaker if you ask me.

I have no problems with mission briefings and ATC being translated but if I fly a Russian plane I want the cockpit to be in Russian and if I fly a Czech plane of course I want the cockpit labels to be in Czech. And as mentioned above, the tool tips are translated so I really don't see the problem here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Although I wasn't too interested in it for a while, I got the Mi-8 in latest sale, first due to rumors of a Mi-24 I wanted preparation in something similar, and secondly, if Belsimtek will really do the Hind hell yeah, here's my support purchase :P.

Unless modded, Mi-8 doesn't have English cockpit and I didn't install the mod (too lazy...). I've taken Mi-8 only for about 4-5 runs so far and I have absolutely no idead what anywhere in the cockpit say.

So, low experience with cockpit, and don't understand the labels, is it a problem? Tooltips are in English so that's first plus, stuff are grouped in panels according to their function and that's second plus. So even I with few hours in virtual cockpit and no knowledge of Russian can find almost everything I need in cockpit currently after looking at training missions. And I have not even looked at manual yet.

So yeah, providing two official cockpit languages like other developers do would have been better quality service alright... but, it is pretty fine the way it is too.

Seeing how Mi-8 is filled with so many buttons and switches that it takes 3 seats to operate them, and even that is not that giant of a problem, I don't think a Russian only MiG-15Bis cockpit would cause any hurdle.

I agree with rest of the gripes towards Belsimtek like lack of manuals, mission / campaign / training content and updates on beta modules. But this one can be looked over pretty easily if you ask me... Especially as the community is providing high quality English cockpit mods for just about every module, lately even go so far as providing even both Metric and Imperial gauge versions in case of MiG-21 :). So if one isn't as lazy as I can be, English cocpit option will be there anyway.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Whats wrong with learning some words in another language? I'm Swedish and I know for a fact that NO game will ever be released in Swedish. Should I moan about it or do something about it? I love to fly the Finnish MiG-21 just to learn some words and phrases. Do you guys want to ruin the cockpits of the German warbirds with English as well? A total immersion breaker if you ask me.

I have no problems with mission briefings and ATC being translated but if I fly a Russian plane I want the cockpit to be in Russian and if I fly a Czech plane of course I want the cockpit labels to be in Czech. And as mentioned above, the tool tips are translated so I really don't see the problem here.

It's a bit tougher with Russian to learn a few words since the alphabet is not Latin-based.

Overall I agree with you, however. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The russian alphabet is complicated for english speaking people or any language where you dont read how you wright and all sorts of pronunciation silly signs need to be invented. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least