Persian Gulf Map

lawsjr

i am guess that the Persian Gulf Map is still unavailable as of today 23 May 2018?

Being that it doesn't should up in my download manager or anywhere else except when I look to see that it says I bought it.

Any news or ideas?

Are you running the Open Beta? It is not available in the release version and your O.B. must be updated to the latest version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Good advice.

@OP, like cichlidfan said, you need the OpenBeta. Either install it in parallel, or use the above mentioned link to convert your stable installation to OpenBeta.

I wouldn't use the command line posted by tanker82; I think some people messed up their DCS installation by trying that in the stable branch. Also, there seems to be a typo ("terrian") and it probably wouldn't work anyway.

Edit:

Wait, so the released version of the terrain doesn't work in the released version of the main program, only the beta? The terrain isn't a early access right?

I don't remember what the Persian Gulf disclaimer used to read, but right now in the E-Shop it reads

Requires DCS World version 2.5.2 or above!

And that version is exclusive to the OpenBeta.

Also, the Persian Gulf map is an early access release right now.

Edit #2:

I had to update DCS World (NOT the open beta) before the open beta version prompted me to update to the newest version. Before doing that the open beta would open to the game just like it was already the latest version.

Did you run the OpenBeta within a 24 hour time frame before today? I believe the launcher checks for updates once every 24 hours. It sounds like coincidence that you had to update your stable installation for the OpenBeta to update.

Edited by Yurgon

Wait, so the released version of the terrain doesn't work in the released version of the main program, only the beta? The terrain isn't a early access right?

The first release to the public of any patch, or module, is always released onto the beta branch first. This has been true since the introduction of the public Open Beta branch. From there it is logical to assume that the Persian Gulf terrain would follow the same, historic, pattern.

I fail to comprehend why this is so difficult to understand (not pointing fingers at DanStro, but everyone who is asking similar questions).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Did you run the OpenBeta within a 24 hour time frame before today? I believe the launcher checks for updates once every 24 hours. It sounds like coincidence that you had to update your stable installation for the OpenBeta to update.

This is the other large cause for confusion. If you played last night then DCS will not look for an update this afternoon and you must force the update, either through the Windows Start Menu selection or the command line (or Skatezilla's program).

Yes there should be an update to 2.5.2 OB and after that you should be able to download the new map.

All worked fine for me started the update before I went to bed, started the PG map down load on a wee walk at midnight and when I got out of bed all ready for my first adventures in the map. ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

All worked fine for me started the update before I went to bed, started the PG map down load on a wee walk at midnight and when I got out of bed all ready for my first adventures in the map. ;)

Now that is the smartest thing I read all day! :thumbup:

When I got to my PC, the update was already available, and I kept checking download progress every other minute. And then right toward the end, download rate went down, the last 5 MB took for friggin ever. All the while, I kept telling myself that's a good thing, now I can get back to work. Just another peek at D/L progress GODAMMIT DOWNLOAD FASTER NOW WILL YOU okay where was I, right, answer that email oh by the way where's the download at now WHAT JUST 500 K IN A WHOLE MINUTE ARE YOU KIDDING ME okay just answer that email IS THIS DOWNLOAD NEVER GONNA BE FINISHED?! :music_whistling: :D

Here's why I think this is odd: Since this is production release and not a beta or early access release it only seems logical that it would work with the current production version of the program that is a module for. It working in the beta and not the production release is just backwards. It's not a big deal, or complicated, just odd.

Here's why I think this is odd: Since this is production release and not a beta or early access release it only seems logical that it would work with the current production version of the program that is a module for. It working in the beta and not the production release is just backwards. It's not a big deal, or complicated, just odd.

Perhaps in the future maps will go straight to any version? "DCS module maps" is quite a new thing for version 2.5 and the merge has only been out for 4 months. So it's still very much always beta and testing anything new, for now anyway.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

20 years

I downloaded the update then the new map; took a few hours to get it all

but I've been waiting 20 years for this so few hours wasn't too bad

I set up a little KA-50 CAP out from Havadarya AB to Rajadi Port then to Qeshm Island and back to Havadarya AB. I flew on AP and had a look around

FRAPS were same as my Caucasus map no difference there

Scenery was good though a little sparce

I was looking for a big Oil Refinery in there somewhere

Also I thought we were going to get a new USA Carrier Group with this map?

Is that only for the F18 module?

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Here's why I think this is odd: Since this is production release and not a beta or early access release [...]

It is an Early Access release. What makes you think otherwise?

Also I thought we were going to get a new USA Carrier Group with this map?

Is that only for the F18 module?

Pretty sure that's coming with the F/A-18C, not the Persian Gulf map.

I believe the new carrier as such will become a part of DCS World and won't require the F/A-18C module, though I might be wrong about this.

The page for the map makes me think otherwise. There is no mention of EA or beta.

Which page?

In the store page it reads "Early access" literally one line below the product name.

I'm fairly certain it was also labeled either "Pre Purchase" or "Early Access" prior to early access release.

Plus, so far pretty much all ED modules I can think of were released as Early Access (or "Beta test") before they went on the stable branch.

Which page?

In the store page it reads "Early access" literally one line below the product name.

I'm fairly certain it was also labeled either "Pre Purchase" or "Early Access" prior to early access release.

Plus, so far pretty much all ED modules I can think of were released as Early Access (or "Beta test") before they went on the stable branch.

You're right, I missed that on the store page. It isn't on the main page but it is there. I stand corrected.