=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Hey Eekz, what’s the status with “simple radio”? Are you still looking into it or did the open beta mess up your plans. Also I noticed a map bug, when in the map if you click the target area it expands giving you targets remaining. However, if you then close the map without closing that info box it suddenly displays inside your cockpit. I had to close that info box to make it disappear from my cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Eekz, what’s the status with “simple radio”? Are you still looking into it or did the open beta mess up your plans. Also I noticed a map bug, when in the map if you click the target area it expands giving you targets remaining. However, if you then close the map without closing that info box it suddenly displays inside your cockpit. I had to close that info box to make it disappear from my cockpit.

Yes, transition to beta eat some of my spare time along with calculations of april season results. I will get to srs asap. That's the priority now. Need to set up radio channels for all slots, because currently they are a bit messed up.

As for bug with target labels it's better to report directly in 2.5 open beta bugs thread. However I'll test it and report too.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Yes, transition to beta eat some of my spare time along with calculations of april season results. I will get to srs asap. That's the priority now.

As for bug with target labels it's better to report directly in 2.5 open beta bugs thread. However I'll test it and report too.

Ok great!

Yea I was gonna report it, I was just giving you heads up in case you didn’t know about it.

As for high ping players situation.. It's pretty delicate, and I don't want to rush with decisions. On one hand I understand the frustration when air battle is spoiled by high ping of one of the participants and I understand that the more skill you have the more you pay attention to effects of connection. I support the desire to have as smooth experience as possible.

But on the other hand. We have some active dedicated players with high pings because of their location. Let's take Digger for example. He's from Australia and a very dedicated WWII player. Creating a ping limiter will eliminate him from DCS WWII multiplayer entirely, and considering our small community I don't want to make such a step.

If we had considerable percentage of players (let's say 30-50%) warping around and pilots had a probability to experience warping/mispositioning every 2nd-5th battle then I would not hesitate to implement ping limiter (or if the community was that big that we could easily have populated servers in every region of the world) But currently I'm asking myself if it's really such a great probability at the moment that we need to restrict players leaving them with almost nobody to play online?..

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Corrected stats for Campbell, as he has different nickname format by the end of April season, he was counted as different pilot.

Please make sure that you have same nickname for each season to have your stats summarized. If you see that you mentioned twice in pilots standings table under different nicknames and you want to have your points to be summed please contact me via PM.

Burning Skies

Corrected stats for Campbell, as he has different nickname format by the end of April season, he was counted as different pilot.

Please make sure that you have same nickname for each season to have your stats summarized. If you see that you mentioned twice in pilots standings table under different nicknames and you want to have your points to be summed please contact me via PM.

I was not aware of that issue. Thank you

I dont see your server? Is it on stable or beta? How many players polpulate it?

Thx

It’s on Open Beta 2.5.1, the amount of players very by time of day with the apex being around 21z. The amount can vary from a handful to over 20 during the week and 30-40 players at various times on the weekends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A bit late but nevertheless

April 2018 season review. Fighters.

(translation of original post by eekz)

Struggle for the 1st place was happening between Russian FF*CMF*04 and Austrian 9./JG27 DavidRed. Though 9./JG27 DavidRed gained more air wins (62 vs 56 wins of FF*CMF*04), but being more careful with his aircraft (84% of returns to airfield against 37%) allowed FF*CMF*04 to get to the 1st place in this season. The 3rd place was taken by Belarusian skliff13 who performed slightly better than Czech Saburo (4th place), also due to better return rate. Two German pilots 9./JG 27 MAD and HFO_RedShoes took the 5th and 6th places with very little score difference. Australian pilot Digger didn't show very high percentage of air wins, but his insistency and diligence brought him 41 air kill (3rd highest score among all pilots in this season) and led him to the 7th place. The 8th place was taken by AXE 1-4 BodyOrgan from USA. Along with high dogfight efficiency he demonstrated phenomenal ability of saving his virtual pilot's life, which made him one of the Top-3 pilots with the longest virtual lifetime (better than at FF*CMF*04). Russian pilot ROSS_El_Babuino made his debut in this season. This pilot's flying style may be described as "efficient in everything". Skillful flying in a Spitfire took him to the 9th place. The last but not the least in this Top-10 is British pilot HFO_Coopes, who demonstrated similar dogfighting performance compared to the previous pilot but with slightly worse return to airfield rate.

After April 2018 season the pilots' positions in the Championship changed as follows. 9./JG27 DefaultFace skipped the April season and dropped 5 positions lower: from the 1st place to 6th. The 1st place was taken by 9./JG 27 MAD who went up from 3rd place. HFO_Coopes preserved his 2nd place in the Championship. Digger has "dug" up through three positions and went to 3rd place from 6th. The 4th place was taken by Saburo (+4) followed by skliff13 (+4). Kelju from Finland preserved his 7th place. Pavlich went up from 13th to 8th place. UnstableClient also skipped this season and lost five positions having gone from 4th to 9th place. Similar happened to FoxDelta, he went down from 5th to 10th place. FF*RFJack*13 (+4) ranked the 11th place. 362nd Hiromachi (+4) ranked 12th. The 13th place is occupied by his mate 362nd Tecnam, who skips secnd season in a row and loses three positions. The 14th place is occupied by two pilots with same score value who finish the Top-15 fighter pilots of this season. This place is shared by FF*CMF*04 and 9./JG27 DavidRed. Having won in April season, FF*CMF*04 goes seven positions up from 22th place. And 9./JG27 DavidRed who demonstrated second best result went six positions up from 21th place. These two pilots participated in the same number of seasons and obtained the same score at the moment. Each of these two had once ranked 5th, 2nd and 1st places in seasons during the Championship!

This is it for review of April 2018 season results. See you in Burning Skies!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OMG Statistics still think it's worst thing for Fun and every one try to save his "Virtual" Pilot life?!!?

Dare how did I come so fare up after I crash my Plane just for fun in to the Ground cuz I am to lazy to fly back...

Hopefully the Statistic knows also 90% of the Dofights on top of the Blue Airfield for some unknown Reasons...(Speaking of FUN)

But anyway nice writing Eekz thx for Translation Skliff...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Hi,

eekz could you replace some alied units?

I mean use M4 Firefly instead of M4s and Cromwells.

I tried to kill these units, but M4 and Cromwell required direct hit, that is impossible.

Does not matter if i use 50 or 500 bomb.

If i try to kill Firefly i need only close hit, less than 5m next to tank, approximately. 50 is enough for it, but 500 is better, of course.

It is the same like in past in Battle of Gali, T-55s were targets (think they were 55s). We were able to kill them with close hit.

But M4 and Cromwell are soo crippled , or their DM ...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Hi,

eekz could you replace some alied units?

I mean use M4 Firefly instead of M4s and Cromwells.

I tried to kill these units, but M4 and Cromwell required direct hit, that is impossible.

Does not matter if i use 50 or 500 bomb.

If i try to kill Firefly i need only close hit, less than 5m next to tank, approximately. 50 is enough for it, but 500 is better, of course.

It is the same like in past in Battle of Gali, T-55s were targets (think they were 55s). We were able to kill them with close hit.

But M4 and Cromwell are soo crippled , or their DM ...

Roger. Will do asap.

EDIT: Done.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Roger. Will do asap.

EDIT: Done.

Yea I felt the same way flying the Pony against the three tanks at CQ15, I hit those suckers with close to 30 rockets and 2 hours of flying and it did nothing.

HVARs require dirrect hit, that is O.K. they have small warhead.

I have killed lot of tanks and Stugs with them, not only on BS server, but i have realized some changes in 2.5.1. with their trajectory, that not BS server fault.

I have no idea how usefull are US 500lbs bombs against Germany tanks and Stugs, will try. But not today, sorry :) .

btw. some test from WWII

1942 detonation tests - Udetfield Upper Silesia, north of Beuthen ( Polish spelling “Bytom“)

Targets: ten Russian T-34, one American M-4 Sherman, three British Mark IV Churchill tanks

Bombs used: SC-250

Effect on T-34: remains intact at distance of 3 meters (9.7 feet) animals inside tank killed, diesel fuel set aflame.

Effect on Sherman tank: remains intact at distance 3 meters, animals inside killed.

Effect on Churchill tanks: riveted armor fails at 5 meters (15.5 feet) entire tank torn apart.

it is from book “German Air Dropped Weapons to 1945”

close hit kills crew and put tank out of action (according tests, animals were used instead of crew), so if close hit kills tank in game we are close to real, IMO :smilewink:

and THANKS eekz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Question:

If I enable icons in my own settings, will they be on or off by default on this server? I pressed L-shift-F10 a few times and still can't see a thing in 4k. It's like the other aircraft are invisible.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Question:

If I enable icons in my own settings, will they be on or off by default on this server? I pressed L-shift-F10 a few times and still can't see a thing in 4k. It's like the other aircraft are invisible.

If you enable it in your settings it will be On by default. If disable - then Off by default and you'll need to press L-shift-F10 to turn them on.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Cant join Burning Skies due to massage below

Required: WWII Assets Pack

Though I have the Normandy and asset pack intalled and activated.

Any ideas?

The only idea I come up with is to run DCS Repair or reinstall WWII pack. Probably someone else who faced such an issue could give a better tip.

Burning Skies

The only idea I come up with is to run DCS Repair or reinstall WWII pack. Probably someone else who faced such an issue could give a better tip.

Thank you.

I opened a support ticket and they told me that it is a know bug in openbeta which will be fixed in the next patch.

hi eeks

You may want to spawn all 4 aircaft as AI at Mission start.

We (OR) found its a game breaker for many people, when a lag spike happens when a new aircraft spawns that has not bin spawned once

prior, could you try that out?

yes, I should have put uncontrolled AIs in the mission to minimize lag on spawn. Thanks for reminding. Will do asap.

Burning Skies