Moving map display

KPenn5

So I jumped on the chance with the Harrier since it was on sale. After watching some videos on youtube, i noticed my moving map display does not function. NO MAP is displayed on the MFD. Am I doing something wrong?

To make the EHSD easy to read, the colour map isn't displayed on the MPCD by default.

To enable it, depress the MAPM (Map Menu) button, on the EHSD MPCD - there is then a timed function where map display options can be selected.

Click - MAP to select the MAP display, there are also options to change between MAG/TRUE North, Disable the EHSD Compass Rose or add overlays (not implemented).

• Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I've hit the map button after pressing the MAPM and the click does not seem to register. I don't know if how i'm looking on my trackir is making me press the wrong button, or if I'm just challenged!

The MAPM options menu is momentary, too; the MAPM options are displayed for 10 seconds and then return to the previous display if no other pushbutton is pressed.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Funny enough I made a mission earlier in PG and also couldn’t get it to work. Although it was working earlier today in Caucasus!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Is this an air start by any chance? If so, did you try a cold start and try and get it working?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I still can’t get it to work. Hit MAPM, and it immediately shows NO MAP. This is on the NTTR.

Just to clarify, you pressed MAPM (left-side of the MPCD), followed by MAP (right-side of the MPCD)?

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Hello folks!

I think you will like this one:

Here is a test of the Waypoint position edit by using the Moving Map and the TDC. I had to use my smartphone because the DCS Video Recorder refused to cooperate.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Excellent, will be very useful. Scan-reading NATOPS and I don't see this method mentioned though, I've probably overlooked it.

Excellent, will be very useful. Scan-reading NATOPS and I don't see this method mentioned though, I've probably overlooked it.

I didn't notice it at first either. It is described in a single line never to be repeated again.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I didn't notice it at first either. It is described in a single line never to be repeated again.

I think I found the line you're referring to, is this the one?

On night attack and radar aircraft and all aircraft with H4.0 position marking has been enhanced to allow marking all designated points regardless of mode of designation. This allows the pilot to slew and designate the desired ground point using the HUD, map, or radar sensors. Pressing the MK option on the EHSD will store the designation as a markpoint.