VR Head Movement Issue

fiddlinjim

I regularly fly DCS using my Rift VR with out any problems at all, but today I noticed that when I

move my head/headset slightly it causes the screen to jiggle slightly. When I hold my headset stationary, then there is no problem.

I checked all my VR settings and nothing has changed, I tried several different planes and encountered the same problem and found the jiggly movement is also present in the basic DCS selections screen.

I exited and re-entered DCS several times and the problem was always there.

I then tried the IL2 flight sim and the problem did not exist there.

Does any one else have this issue or a solution?

Check your cable especially around the point where it is held on the side of the head strap. If it has lump in that region it could be faulty. It's a replaceable item.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Normally for something like this I would suggest re-running sensor setup.

However fact it works ok in another sim I am not so sure.

May be worth a shot though, never hurts to do that every so often.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I regularly fly DCS using my Rift VR with out any problems at all, but today I noticed that when I

move my head/headset slightly it causes the screen to jiggle slightly. When I hold my headset stationary, then there is no problem.

I checked all my VR settings and nothing has changed, I tried several different planes and encountered the same problem and found the jiggly movement is also present in the basic DCS selections screen.

Try this

Open oculus tray tool and disable ASW

I think i had the same thing you are describing and turning ASW off solves it

Oculus updated this morning on my machine to ver. 1.27 and since then I have this problem

I really suspect it's oculus ver 1.27 and not DCS today's update

I have seen the jiggly menu screen of late in DCS only when ASW was on , I had started it this morning and forgot to launch the Oculus Tray Tool first which I have set to disable ASW. It only jiggled in the menu screen, in cockpit it was ok.

Once I exited out and started the tray tool and launched DCS again with ASW disabled, the jiggly menu screen went away and was solid.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Happens to me once in a while, specialy when i go online, like my memory gets saturated, but on my side, after quitting DCS and restarting it it fixes it. I'd freak out if it was always like this as you seem to have. :(