Restrict head movement in VR to stop myself ghosting through walls?

Wolf8312

Is there any way to stop myself from going outside of the confines of the AC when I move my head too far in VR? Kills immersion that my head is moving through the AC and outside the AC. Any way to fix this?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Nope and likely you won't get it either as motion like that will likely cause severe discomfort ;-)

Yea, I hope that wont find its way to DCS, and if, then as a option, client side option. Another flight title has this restriction, and that stopped me from diving further into it. So disorienting.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Be careful what you wish for! This would cause immediate motion sickness because of desync of moving your physical head and what you see through the HMD. It's very different from TrackIR.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Yea, I hope that wont find its way to DCS, and if, then as a option, client side option. Another flight title has this restriction, and that stopped me from diving further into it. So disorienting.

This, I choose not to use that option in that other combat flight sim as I do not like it at all.

For me I find I have to really move my head far to get outside of the cockpit so it really does not happen to me when normally flying, I would have to make a specific attempt to do so.

I guess thought his could also be dependent on the plane being flown.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Interesting guys, but would be nice to have the option, as I am pretty resistant to motion sickness, with no problems in the other sim for myself.

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

This, I choose not to use that option in that other combat flight sim as I do not like it at all.

For me I find I have to really move my head far to get outside of the cockpit so it really does not happen to me when normally flying, I would have to make a specific attempt to do so.

I guess thought his could also be dependent on the plane being flown.

How are you liking DCS WW2 lately Dburne? Gotta say was pretty miffed a few weeks ago, but am now glad I took the plunge. Normandy looks a little rough near the ground, due to shimmer and the fluorescent green trees, but after a certain altitude it looks truly beautiful and performance is generally really good.

I'm thinking I could maybe use the persian gulf terrain as a kind of pseudo African campaign though that probably betrays my startling ignorance of geography!

Cant say I'm too impressed by the one sided WW2 asset pack, though I imagine its being worked on. The lack of allied units (AA), and the absence of things like search lights kinda hider mission editing, and its annoying that all the WW2 stuff is mixed in with the modern even if you select WW2.

Do you ever use the DCS ME? Its a very powerful and simple tool, very easy for an idiot (me not you!) to make good missions, though the only problem I find with making my own is that they are a mite predictable for obvious reasons. Might get the spitfire campaign.

Have to say as well spotting is very difficult in DCS VR. Very difficult! ID'ing is not so bad though with a limited number of plane varients!

Take care.

------------

I am liking it ok, just wish for WWII there was easier way to get into some good combat action. I have the paid Spit campaign which is pretty nice though. Just need to get back into it.

I need to spend some more time with the ME, about all I have done with it is create a simple touring mission for the KA-50 over Nevada. Have not really learned enough of it yet.

Currently most of my DCS time I am spending with trying to learn the F/A 18-C over the Persian Gulf. I am determined to learn this bird as good as I did the KA-50 so I can get some good combat with it. Got a ways to go though.

Yes I too find spotting in VR with DCS to be difficult.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|