VR - PNP?

James299

I run a Alienware Aurora R6 with a Oculous Rift and all is well. I'd like to have sort of a virtual "kneeboard" so to speak (picture in picture) in a small window inside the cockpit while in oculous like maybe up to the left so I can watch youtube tutorials/how-to videos for systems while actually in the VR headset. I think I've seen guys do this in you tube videos but I'm not sure if that is post processing or if they are actually enjoying the little picture in picture while they use their VR headset. Can you guys point me to where I can figureout how to do this or give me some buzz words to google for it. I assume there must be some overlay app that would let me watch "training films" while flying upside down at 100' MSL over the persian gulf right?

Pretty sure there is a way to do that in Rift Core 2.0 / Dash software, somehow one pulls out a window then resizes and pins it so it is seen in game,

I myself have never attempted this but with a little searching should be able to find some info on it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Pretty sure there is a way to do that in Rift Core 2.0 / Dash software, somehow one pulls out a window then resizes and pins it so it is seen in game,

I myself have never attempted this but with a little searching should be able to find some info on it.

Don is correct, I can confirm that Dash does the trick:thumbup:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional