TDC action buttons - what do they do and are they working?

imacken

Can someone explain to me what, in practice, do the TDC action/no action and TDC (action position) controls do?

Also, I'm guessing that slewing the TDC in INS is still not working, correct?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Slewing TDC in INS is not implemented yet. The TDC action is to simulate pushing down the slew control, kinda like the ministick on a PS/XBOX controller. The one purpose I can say right now is that it lets you slew much faster. But I also think it has purposes for when to set a target and such. I have to read the manual on that again.

Can someone explain to me what, in practice, do the TDC action/no action and TDC (action position) controls do?

I've been using the TDC Down Action Button, on my TMWH. I just tested slewing with the button down vs. up. It seems to slew slower, but that cold also be my movement due to holding the button in a down position.

I also tested the TDC Down Action/No Action Toggle. I could not descern any difference in slew speed with the Down Action toggled vs released.

I assume the toggle is to simulate the holding of the button for those using keyboards.

Hope that helps.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Thanks guys.

According to the manual:

'The TDC is a switch with lateral displacements in all directions. It is located in the throttle for thumb operation and incorporates both action and no action slewing in combination with fast and slow slew rates. It is used for sensor designation slewing and commanding MAP, FLIR, INS or ARBS/TV sensor designation.

TDC designates a target by clicking on the [TDC Down (Action Position)] key. Target designation occurs upon key release.

Please refer to the throttle illustration to locate the TDC and its keybinds.

NOTE

TDC Action/No Action modes along with TDC axis command are not available in the initial Early Release version. They will be made operational in subsequent releases.'

So, from that I take that the TDC Down (action position) supposedly designates a target, but the action/no action is supposed to affect the slew rate.

I can see no difference at all in the slewing speed with either the toggle switch or the button being held down, nor do I see the down command designating targets.

Is this something else not working on the Harrier atm?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks guys.

I can see no difference at all in the slewing speed with either the toggle switch or the button being held down, nor do I see the down command designating targets.

Is this something else not working on the Harrier atm?

Oh yeah, completly forgot about target designation. I have vague memories of holding down the TDC action keybind to slew the DMT faster. I might be going mad or i'm confusing it with some other module.

The TDC Action (holding down) did work for sleeving DMT in the early time of the Harrier. It was about 2-3 times faster to sleeve around when doing so. And it was very easy to get the DMT on target with just TDC sleeving (no-action) as it wasn't fast at all.

And there was never implemented any other functions than TDC Action for speed and for target designation. So it was missing lots of those other functions in the moving map etc.

But the TDC is broken and has been now over year. So not even the speed change works (might be disabled), no sleeving works correctly, DMT doesn't work correctly (jumps randomly around the sky or terrain etc) and even target designation is bugged.

So only thing we can do is wait that Harrier gets things fixed....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have a really hard time trying to slew the DMT and the IR MAV with the Harrier. I map the TDC slew on the mini stick of the Warthog. I have to move it up and down before being able to move it left or right!

Support of the mini stick of the warthog is completely bugged out on the harrier. This is the case still the beginning. Never got fixed.

Does not look like Razbam cares about this.

Support of the mini stick of the warthog is completely bugged out on the harrier. This is the case still the beginning. Never got fixed.

Does not look like Razbam cares about this.

No, it's only f*cked up when slewing the TPOD targeting point.

It works perfectly when slewing a waypoint.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

In terms of movement with the slew stick, I don't have any real issues.

I just wish Razbam would get round to fixing the long standing issues. I do worry about the Harrier, especially in the light of the new module(s) Razbam is working on. But, that's been done to death here before, and our pleas for progress just seem to fall on deaf ears. Can't remember the last time Razbam responded to any of these pleas from users.

Makes the issue even more ridiculous.

RAZBAM is able to proper implement the slew on the waypoint but not on the Tpod. Stunning...

Can you give an example of circumstances when this happens to you? I don’t see any issues using the slew stick in the TPOD.

That doesn’t say anything about the Warthog slew stick. Just talking about the TDC axis, which could be anything.

Anyway, we’re way off topic now.

That doesn’t say anything about the Warthog slew stick. Just talking about the TDC axis, which could be anything.

Anyway, we’re way off topic now.

This issue is present on the TDC axis when using the warthog. Even if you exchange the ministick of the warthog this issue is present.

Actually it is not of topic. The topic is that RAZBAM is unable to solve issue which exists for year.

I have really high hopes for their upcoming projects. :disgust: NOT!!!

1) The issue is not present with my Warthog slew stick.

2) The image posted said nothing about the slew stick, just the TDC axis.

3) I started this thread, and this is off topic. The question was about what the TDC action buttons do, and whether they are functional within the module at the moment. Nothing to do with moans about Warthog slew stick.

The issue is with any analog device assigned to the TDC.

The issue is not a general issue, it is a specific issue.

If you slew the TDC with an analog controller far away from target vehicles, it slews smoothly. If you slew anywhere close to a vehicle --which is the whole concept-- it goes crazy-laggy. I think it has to do with the code looking to lock to a target vehicle as a point target.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The problems with the TDC axis only occur if you adjust the axis of the TDC. In the TDC standard axis settings the TDC does not stutter. But it is unfortunately a little bit jagged ;)

Rechner: AMD 2700X, 32GB RAM, 2x SSD (500Gb u. 128Gb), Warthog Joystick, Rift S, GTX 1080, Monstertech Flightstand

:lol:

Who ever said that we are taking prisoners... :noexpression:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler