Old IFF System Integrated With New?

Nightwolf

Just wondering, has anything been touched with the old IFF system (Diamond vs. Square on the HUD)? I did some testing and practice with the Datalink stuff, but as far as I could tell, it's still the same not very reliable diamond and square system, with nothing to do with the SA page's data. For example I locked a target that I had previously interrogated and on my SA page showed as hostile, but on my HUD, until I put the contact in the center, it showed as a square. Pressing interrogate with a hostile contact locked up and showing as friendly did nothing.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Did you turn IFF on your up front panel ?

that's how you get diamond/square working again

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Yeah, it was on (it was an air start and I also checked to make sure, it was working with the SA page). It just doesn't appear that the two systems are linked in any way. The diamond/square has never been 100% reliable, but I was hoping that now that the airplane has a better way of determining friend or foe the HUD and HMD should just always reflect whatever the rest of the plane knows. It definitely seems like not though.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

who knows how to exit from SA page ? Once I'm in I can't go out with the menu switch….the only way for me is to arm a/a or a/g weapons to go back to the store page then, from here, somewhere else

It happened still grounded, so , maybe in the air it works in some other way and better…..

It is still very far from completion. When I lock up a friendly F/A-18, I get a diamond instead of a box with FRIEND written on the HUD, even though he showed up as a friendly on the SA page before.

MAKE sure you have IFF on that's what happen for me last night on 104th server i kill friendly f18c because i did not turned on IFF and he appear as diamond.

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

It is still very far from completion. When I lock up a friendly F/A-18, I get a diamond instead of a box with FRIEND written on the HUD, even though he showed up as a friendly on the SA page before.

I don't believe there is correlated tracks between those aircraft that have been ID'd by DL contributers and those that your aircraft has not ID'd. Because of that, I think you still need to interrogate radar contacts. Whether that is due to not being fully implemented or how the real aircraft operates I dunno. From what I have seen posted in some of the other threads, TWS will give you cymbology on the radar screen which means it should be able to correlate the two tracks to ID what is what. It's been remarked that RWS will not.

With the radar lacking a lot of implementation, hopefully there will be a lot more work done to correlate tracks into the radar display instead of only having the standard bricks shown. Many aircraft out there also change symbology on the radar screen to your correlated friendly tracks to give you an SA picture of friendly/ID's hostile on the radar display. As I say, that's a hope, as I don't know what capability the F/A-18 has over other aircraft I do know about.