Times of Progress and Change! (Thanks)

Nightwolf

Just wanted to make a quick thread to express my excitement over the way DCS has been going recently. It seems like every day now there's new exciting news about some awesome module.

There are just so many exciting pieces of news happening right now: The Harrier, DCS 2.5 coming soon, and so many great modules in progress: the F/A-18, the F-14, an F-4, all the DCS WWII modules. It's so totally different from all of the other games these days where the developers seem to not care about their customers at all. The developers have just so much more of a connection with the community here, and actually listen to suggestions. It's such a breath of fresh air from the huge game corporations that only care about their profit.

I just want to say thank you to ED and all the third-party developers for creating excellent products and still keeping connection with your customers and fans. Keep up the great work and looking forward to future developments and great modules! :thumbup:

• Like 6

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Just wanted to make a quick thread to express my excitement over the way DCS has been going recently. It seems like every day now there's new exciting news about some awesome module.

There are just so many exciting pieces of news happening right now: The Harrier, DCS 2.5 coming soon, and so many great modules in progress: the F/A-18, the F-14, an F-4, all the DCS WWII modules. It's so totally different from all of the other games these days where the developers seem to not care about their customers at all. The developers have just so much more of a connection with the community here, and actually listen to suggestions. It's such a breath of fresh air from the huge game corporations that only care about their profit.

I just want to say thank you to ED and all the third-party developers for creating excellent products and still keeping connection with your customers and fans. Keep up the great work and looking forward to future developments and great modules! :thumbup:

I'm with you. ED has done an amazing job so far. I sure hope they will continue on this path.

Cringeworthy.

They're a company, they're not your buddies.

He didn't say they're his buddies... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dude's excited. Let him be excited. I'm as much as a cynical bastard as the next guy, but let him be happy.

There's plenty of time for soul-crushing real-life later on.

Bloody optimist you are.... :smartass::smartass:

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

• ED Team
Cringeworthy.

They are a company, but also real people as well, and most real people like hearing something nice from time to time. They do bring a lot of enjoyment to this hobby we all love.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You say thanks to the waiter at a restaurant don't you? You tell the clerk thank you at a grocery store. You can say thanks to your computer when you buy a module but the module makers can't hear you. Here they can. They're people too, like SiThSpAwN said, and most of them probably don't get much recognition.

And if you're not excited about the future, you should be, because there are so many awesome things coming.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

+1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cringeworthy.

I for one enjoyed reading the OP's thoughts; they sum up my own nicely.

The key idea here, which Temp89 seemingly chooses to overlook, is that DCS have provided us with a plethora of improvements so we can enjoy future modules to their fullest degree.

They could have still operated while negating to make all the improvements that will come with the 2.5 update.

So Temp89, just because your mum recently informed you that your suspicions were correct after all and that you are a product of a drunken fumble in a hen-house, don't take it out on the rest of us.

There's Always ™ gonna be room for improvement.

But here's my +1 with OP. Thanks for keeping up the good work ED staff.

2.5 isn't coming a day too soon :)

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Im with the OP, even if they are a companny and not my budies, i feel the money here is well spent and the future looks AWESOME.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

I totally agree with OP and sincerely i dont understand all those negative posts, if you cant get excited and be happy about a small hobby then you have a problem.If this was an important political matter or some serious buissnes its logical you shouldnt "eat the hen before you hunt it" but come on its just a hobby, and ED is genuinely making it better!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.