My trip to space

Gixxuki

Did you also win a trip back? ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

First one is me in front of our sf 260 trainer and sesond one is all the winners together with Buzz Aldin.

Cool! congrats! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I hope your weight allowance includes multiple GoPros and lots of memory cards.

Very jealous. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

when you head out, make sure to bring a feather duster. the Mars rovers need to have their solar panels cleaned off. :megalol:

congrats again there M8! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So I've got some time now to give you some more information about my trip to Kenedy Space Center. From the 1st December till the 5th December I met 109 people from mall around the world to fight for trip to space. Within that competition we had to do some training missions to figure out who are the best 22 of the 109 that joined the competition.

The tests were such as a Zero-G flight in a 727, an Air Combat Flight in a SF-260 and a G-Force test in a Centrifuge. A internationel jury led by Buzz Aldrin rated us during the competitions. And I think I don't have to say that this has been the best week of my life till today. But what I relly want to say is that DCS helped me A LOT by e.g. flying the SF-260. It was just like sitting in front of my sim flying the P-51. I got 10 out of 10 point for the acrobatic and formation flying part. I mean I already had some real life experience most of the time in gliders but I think the main reason i won that competition are the houndreds of hours I played DCS. So thank you for that ED. :pilotfly:

Astronauts.jpg.0d58dac2b4d9dbeb74a5601a4c77a6ad.jpg

Atlantis.thumb.jpg.a7bec042bc15d9b13ee8882057b767aa.jpg

Formation.thumb.jpg.3a8cc216a90943fdd0e5b7b272ddc973.jpg

When I Googled the name you provided, I couldn't find a single relevant page in English, so I don't know what this is about, really. Sorry; I don't speak German. Did you win some kind of trip with Virgin Galactic or something?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Congratulations, Felix! :thumbup:

When I Googled the name you provided, I couldn't find a single relevant page in English, so I don't know what this is about, really. Sorry; I don't speak German. Did you win some kind of trip with Virgin Galactic or something?

I'll translate a few paragraphs from the best source I could find with a quick search:

German to become space tourist

24 year old German student Felix Stach from Hanover has won a trip to space in a competition sponsored by a deodorant manufacturer. He will be the 12th German in space.

More than one million people from all over the world had participated in the Internet competition. Stach said he never thought that he'd end up being drawn as one of the few German candidates.

[...]

Only 10 Germans have been to space so far. ESA astronaut Alexander Gerst is to be the 11th, going to the ISS in may.

Stach emphasizes that his trip to space won't be comparable to a stay on the ISS: "Our flight won't take longer than an hour, we'll be weightless for 5 to 6 minutes in an altitude of over 100 kilometers. Then one may officially call himself astronaut."

The trip will take place in 2015 on board of the "Lynx Mark II".