"Practice A2A Refueling" Mission Radios

Nightwolf

In the regular mission on Caucasus for practicing AAR, there is no radio frequency mentioned for the tanker in the briefing, neither is it a preset radio frequency, so without loading the mission into the editor to check the frequency there is no way to contact the tanker. This only affects people who don't use the "Easy Communication" option, but that setting is not enforced on in the mission either.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Never been able to get a feedback from tanker in that mission (short).

Comm 1 or comm 2 doesn’t change outcome... in both cases no feedback at all from the tanker... (using easy comms, shouldn’t anyway change things)

I looked at it in the mission editor, the tanker is on 251.000 so use that. There's just nothing in the briefing that tells you that

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

I've gotten it to work with the radio tuned to 251.000 manually on the tanker practice. Make sure you're using the specific radio keybind for the radio you tuned (e.g. COM1 or COM2) not just the standard radio button ("" for me at least). Alternatively there is an option somewhere in the game settings called "Easy Communications" where you can just use the generic radio button and your radios will auto-configure themselves.

Weird, I have the frequency of the tanker, including its altitude, TACAN code and racetrack on my kneeboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo