Su-27 and -33 shift HMS up from middle of screen?

Nightwolf

I’ve noticed that the Su-27 HMS is centered at the middle of the screen, meaning when it’s selected and your head position is neutral, it is centered basically over the IRST pod. This means that in order to put the sensor over someone who is directly ahead of you, or level with you in any direction, you need to look up a decent amount as well as look horizontally to get the sight to them. This gets tiring really quickly as you merge and you keep having to look up extra to get the reticle on the bad guy.

It would be awesome if there was either an option to maybe center is 2/3 of the way up the screen, or even just keybinds to adjust it. For example, the Ka-50’s sight isn’t in the middle of the screen, which makes it much less work with your head to point it where you need it to be. I’ve lost so many missile opportunities just because I was having trouble fighting with TrackIR and the sight, and I think if it were moved up the screen some, it would be much easier and faster to use.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

I know that the hms is for off boresight acquisition, I’m simply saying I feel that the sight is to low on the screen which makes it harder to lock things due to the extra amount of looking up required. It doesn’t just affect targets in front of you, but all around you. If you want to lock someone who’s level with you but off to your right 20 degrees, you still have to look up extra to center the sight on them.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Nightwolf, indeed, the HMS implementation is a legacy from days when DCS was known as Flanker and center of the screen was center of the HUD.

Most of us are having fingers crossed for a revision to FC3 avionics/systems after the Hornet is out...

I’ve noticed that the Su-27 HMS is centered at the middle of the screen, meaning when it’s selected and your head position is neutral, it is centered basically over the IRST pod. This means that in order to put the sensor over someone who is directly ahead of you, or level with you in any direction, you need to look up a decent amount as well as look horizontally to get the sight to them. This gets tiring really quickly as you merge and you keep having to look up extra to get the reticle on the bad guy.

It would be awesome if there was either an option to maybe center is 2/3 of the way up the screen, or even just keybinds to adjust it. For example, the Ka-50’s sight isn’t in the middle of the screen, which makes it much less work with your head to point it where you need it to be. I’ve lost so many missile opportunities just because I was having trouble fighting with TrackIR and the sight, and I think if it were moved up the screen some, it would be much easier and faster to use.

Definitely annoying.. +1

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5