I can't hear the trainer even after turning down World and cockpit sound?

Crunchy

I can't hear the trainer in the A10C training. He suggests that I turn down "Cockpit and World sound settings" if I can't hear his voice, but when I move the bars right the way down, the sound remains the same and doesn't decrease at all?

when I move the bars right the way down, the sound remains the same and doesn't decrease at all?

You may have to shut down and restart DCS after changing the sound options for them to take effect, this has been an issue in the past.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

You may have to shut down and restart DCS after changing the sound options for them to take effect, this has been an issue in the past.

I tried that and it still plays at the same volume which is loud? How do I fix this, is it a bug? I can't hear what the guy is saying because the engine sounds are to loud.

I suggest you remove all your mods and then re-name your options.lua in Saved Games/DCS/Config.

It will remove all possible causes, but will also remove the options you have set, and return the game to the default settings. Then play with the sound and see if that solves the problem for you. If it doesn't work, just delete the new options.lua, and rename your back-up to reinstate it.

I can't see it being a bug as the majority of us have no issues. It points squarely at your installation having something corrupted, or possibly a clash caused by a mod?