map Radar Altimeter Switch to HOTAS...

I want to map the Radar Altimeter Switch to my HOTAS, is there a key binding?

Thank you.

Yes, there is a key bind for each of the radar altimeter settings for the F/A-18C Hornet.

I have the Warthog HOTAS and use the "A10C" autopilot switch to accomplish this. The "PATH" setting is for Baro altimeter setting and "ALT" is what I use for radar altimeter setting. In other words, forward on the switch is forward in the cockpit, and aft is aft.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yes, there is a key bind for each of the radar altimeter settings for the F/A-18C Hornet.

I have the Warthog HOTAS and use the "A10C" autopilot switch to accomplish this. The "PATH" setting is for Baro altimeter setting and "ALT" is what I use for radar altimeter setting. In other words, forward on the switch is forward in the cockpit, and aft is aft.

Cheers,

Don

Not sure what you're talking about...this is what I'm referring to.

Round dial bottom right, what's the mapping.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=228311&stc=1&d=1582342948

Clipboard01.jpg.5332ac48fc9c6deb1ecd16a1161afb4a.jpg

Not sure what you're talking about...this is what I'm referring to.

Round dial bottom right, what's the mapping.

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=228311&stc=1&d=1582342948

I’m talking about the switch on the UFC, that changes between barometric and radar altitude display on the HUD. Never have looked into binding the adjustment for your radar altimeter warning (the picture you attached above). Out of curiosity, wondering why you’d want to map that..? You set it on the ground and good to go....

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I’m talking about the switch on the UFC, that changes between barometric and radar altitude display on the HUD. Never have looked into binding the adjustment for your radar altimeter warning (the picture you attached above). Out of curiosity, wondering why you’d want to map that..? You set it on the ground and good to go....

Cheers,

Don

I change on the fly.

I change on the fly.

I’m kind of curious why..... As in, there are times you want it to alarm and have your reminder at 100 feet and then there are times you want it at 600 feet? Please explain. I know everyone has their own methods, but this is intriguing....

Cheers,

Don

I’m kind of curious why..... As in, there are times you want it to alarm and have your reminder at 100 feet and then there are times you want it at 600 feet? Please explain. I know everyone has their own methods, but this is intriguing....

Cheers,

Don

Low level flying over water, set to 100', taking off from an airfield 200', carrier ops call for different settings as well, if there are known air threats like AA small arms fire etc. all call for different alt. reminders not to go below.

Low level flying over water, set to 100', taking off from an airfield 200', carrier ops call for different settings as well, if there are known air threats like AA small arms fire etc. all call for different alt. reminders not to go below.

Ah, ok. I use the digital one via the HSI for those things, but different preferences for everyone. Well back to your original question, not sure if there is a bind for the rotary adjustment on the altimeter. Will check tomorrow and see if I find something for you.

Cheers,

Don

@fitness88: The control bindings for turning the Radar Altitude warning knob are "Push to Test Switch - CW/Increase" and "Push to Test Switch - CCW/Decrease".

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I use the trackballl scroll wheel .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

@fitness88: The control bindings for turning the Radar Altitude warning knob are "Push to Test Switch - CW/Increase" and "Push to Test Switch - CCW/Decrease".

Indeed. Just checked for you fitness88 and LeCuvier beat me to posting it.

Cheers,

Don

Good to know! That's not really obvious :dunno:

CW = clockwise

CCW = counter clockwise

Maybe that will help.

Cheers,

Don