Cockpits not clickable in Campaign

btaft

I can not click on any of the switches etc in the Mi-8 when using this campaign. In fact the cursor is not even visible except for when I open the communications menu. I can vaguely see where the cursor potentially is based on tool tips popping up.

I am using it with the HTC Vive Pro

I do not have any of these problems in other campaigns or vehicles or in the Mi-8 outside of the campaign

Update.

It appears to be VR related. The cockpit is clickable in flat screen mode. I suspect this might have something to do with the "tutorial" aspect of mission 1 where it identifies switches to turn to listen to music. I am not certain if this mode works in VR or not. If there is a way to suspend this mode that might fix it

I had the same problem with Rift. I turned of the Handcontrollers in Special-VR-Menu. This solved the problem for me. In my case I figured out, that activating the Handcontrollers will only use the controllers and then I can't see any mouse-cursor any more. But that is not only a problem in the campain or Mi-8 but in all modules.

Edited by enedhil

DCS-Callsign: "Goblin"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7 - 7700K | MSI GeForce 1080 | 32 GB RAM | Oculus Rift | JetSeat KW-901 | Logitech/Saitek X56 Rhino | Thrustmaster TFRP

• 2 weeks later...

I had the problem again after the latest update of the BETA. Nothing works, like in my posts before.

After all I tried to check if this problem is relatet to the campaign or to the KA-50-Module. So I started an instant-action-mission and there all works fine and I could see the coursor.

After that it also works in the campaign again.

Did u tried to reproduce the error in any other mission, than in the campaign?

DCS-Callsign: "Goblin"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7 - 7700K | MSI GeForce 1080 | 32 GB RAM | Oculus Rift | JetSeat KW-901 | Logitech/Saitek X56 Rhino | Thrustmaster TFRP

I had a slightly different experience with the new beta. When I started the mission after updating I was actually able to get it to work. When I had to restart the mission it no longer would work. I haven't had any issues with either bird in other campaigns or instant action or anything else.

I am a little disappointed about no feedback from the developer...even something as a simple as an acknowledgement of the problem and will look into it

I had a slightly different experience with the new beta. When I started the mission after updating I was actually able to get it to work. When I had to restart the mission it no longer would work. I haven't had any issues with either bird in other campaigns or instant action or anything else.

I am a little disappointed about no feedback from the developer...even something as a simple as an acknowledgement of the problem and will look into it

Hello, i apologize for not answering for long. Unfortunately, i have no Oculus rift or similar equipment. I tried to figure out this issue but was not successful . I will delete demo video and will delete the index to the radio switch which is related to turning on music. Afterwards, i will test it and send for update. i asked the developers the same question and got an answer, that it might be due to scripts. However i have no scripts in the campaign at all.

i promise to solve this issue and report in several days.

Thanks Forexkor!

More than anything I am just happy to have it acknowledged and feel great that it is being worked on. I do appreciate the update as well.

Kind Regards,

Brett

Hello, we have tested the missions "Shift" and "Sea wolf" on Oculus Rift CVT in beta DCS 2.5.4.26479. Described problems were not detected. All tumblers are switchable and the pointer is visible. The only right solution now for you is to write an issue to VR bugs topic, and if possible shoot a video of the problem.

We'll test that missions using other VRs, will report on the result here.

Just looking to give you some feedback. I have been able to get your first mission to work normally after a fresh boot of both the PC and the Vive. Whatever causing it not to work is the same issue with the training missions in which there are "highlighted buttons".

• 7 months later...

I'm having the exact same issue (Rift S here).

Absolutely no clue on how to get past mission 1 :( Unusable campaign at this stage for me, I really don't know how to get past it (reboot, restart, no attempt made me through it)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I'm having the exact same issue (Rift S here).

Absolutely no clue on how to get past mission 1 :( Unusable campaign at this stage for me, I really don't know how to get past it (reboot, restart, no attempt made me through it)

Hey. With this question you need to write technical support dcs. maybe this is a problem with the drivers VR.