SAITEK X55-Rhino Device Profile for F/A-18C HOTAS

This is my X55-Rhino device profile for the Hornet programmed as real as possible to the original HOTAS. (Attached is also a pic of the original F18 HOTAS for comparison) :joystick:

All programing are made with sophisticated advanced commands, which make it flexible for further alterations.

It is optimal for TrackIR, because The POV-Hat is programmed with (A/A Master Mode) commands, so the view functions aren't bound on it, but can easily be deactivated.

The F/A-18C SIM Control Command in DCS is still up to 80% empty and needs a lot of work, so when you open my device profile, check the programing of every click and insert it in its appropriate DCS Sim control box if missing.

Rotary 1, 2, 3 & 4 need axis assign in the DCS Sim control box.

The Speed Brake Switch – RETRACT on Throttle K1 is not functioning appropriately for now like the K1 Speed Brake Switch – EXTEND, which extends the brake integrally. Until this bug is fixed, I advice to use the extra Joystick option.

Available for download on DCS/Downloads/Users Files:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300818/

Have professional fun with it!

X-F18.thumb.png.73a0b9ca29d6583a0cf934702736f0e3.png

588994898_X55Stick-F18C.jpg.3ed7f1baa0a8a9446436680b419ce012.jpg

1561206752_X55Throttel-F18C.jpg.7a963f8d7b6baefc71fa777a4cb563d1.jpg

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Hey chaps.

My Warthog joystick's just dead and have to get a new stick.

I've read about the "wiring" issues with these sticks.

Any thoughts?

For the same proce as a new Warthog stick I can pick up one of these (joystick and throttle).

I would prefer Thrustmaster, but the rotaries on this appeal to me too.............

I've read about the "wiring" issues with these sticks. Any thoughts?...
I can't make any comparison with your Warthog Stick, because I never had one. All I can say, the X55 is working fine from day one. Most of the problem cause with any devices are due to driver issues rather than a hardware problem...

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

I can't make any comparison with your Warthog Stick, because I never had one. All I can say, the X55 is working fine from day one. Most of the problem cause with any devices are due to driver issues rather than a hardware problem...

Many thanks, will have to decide on Tuesday I think.....

I've just picked up the newest Logitech iteration of it for my work HOTAS. Cliff notes would be it serves my purposes and at the price it doesn't really have any competition. I like it for what it and it's not awful. In fact it's a pleasure to use when you ignore the bad stuff and just accept it as an el cheapo HOTAS.

more details...

The grease is still too thick, buy it and you'll have the throttle apart within the first few days to scrape most of it out or you'll be bolting it down because you will never be able to trap successfully with it as sold. Having done that I can say with certainty that the wiring has been fixed and does not bind with plenty of slack in there now. I don't have any of the noises described when moving the stick. Ghost presses haven't been an issue. I read this was caused by lack of power and usually fixed when plugging into a powered USB 3 port. I'm plugged right into the USB 3s on the side of my laptop and not seeing any sign of that problem.

Overall as near as I can tell they've largely fixed the worst of the hardware issues or at least reduced their severity. I like the concept of this hardware. For me lots of buttons, hats, switches, and rotaries mean I stay more in the game even if the hardware is not the same as in the aircraft. Others of course disagree, strictly a personal thing. My ideal HOTAS would be something like the X56 but well built in high quality materials instead of what you get with the X56 which I don't think anyone would describe as that.

Random thoughts... The thumbsticks are too long and this greatly reduces their utility. It's impossible to press them without moving the stick itself unless you're very careful about it. It's something people complain about in reviews and they're right.

I'm big with big gorilla hands and don't find the stick too large as sometimes described. Those that don't fit that description might find it hard to reach the upper hat easily.

My paddle appears a little different than what I've seen in pictures. It doesn't look quite as cheap and doesn't have the feel of being easily breakable as it's often described. Not saying it's rock solid but unexpectedly better than anticipated. I was wondering if a change was made here but the Logitech guy didn't put into into the change list he posted down in the input section.

Good luck in your hunt.

Thanks Crab, more data to put into the variable pot.......................

I'm tempted with the roatries on the throttle - they served me REALLY well as rudders in the good old Cougar days.

If I could trust the wire issue being solved I'm tempted with this one over the warthog.

I think a main part of the X56 attraction is simply the price, 197 on Amazon right now which isn't a lot of ching. There is also the rudder pedal factor. At work I cant use rudder pedals so that has to go on the stick or throttle. With the X56 you don't have to give up a control for that and even if you did there are so many it hurts less than with the WH. I never had that one BTW, I'm still soldiering on with my old Couger at home although I've decided to put it out to pasture this fall when I return. For that one I'll probably go with one of the Eastern options unless Thrustmaster pulls out a surprise offering at E3.

This is my X55-Rhino device profile for the Hornet programmed as real as possible to the original HOTAS. (Attached is also a pic of the original F18 HOTAS for comparison) :joystick:

You've got TDC in the same place that I do. One thing you can do is make it an 8 way button so you can get diagonal movement with the Hat if you want. To get diagonal up/right go into the advanced commands and in the repeat box input the command for TDC up and then TDC right and then right click and set quantitize time to 0). Then repeat this for down/right, etc. You can then slew the TDC diagonally.

You've got TDC in the same place that I do. One thing you can do is make it an 8 way button so you can get diagonal movement with the Hat if you want. To get diagonal up/right go into the advanced commands and in the repeat box input the command for TDC up and then TDC right and then right click and set quantitize time to 0). Then repeat this for down/right, etc. You can then slew the TDC diagonally.
Well - you ought to have checked my TDC first ;) cause it is as an 8 way button programed!

Check how I've set the quantitize time - it's working great :thumbup:

• 7 months later...
How do I use the file? it says this file does not have an appropriate program. Do I need another program to install it?
This file is a device-profile and not an App. When you open your SAITEK x55-Rhino App for programming any new profile, click on save-as and check the path where the App chose. Then copy my Profile and paste it into this file-path. All you need to do then is to click on the SAITEK Icon in the taskbar with the right mouse, my Profile will appear there. Click on it and play.