Clickable Action for door gunners in the Huey? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
Frag

Default Clickable Action for door gunners in the Huey?

Hi guys,

I commonly play with the Cockpit Perform Clickable Action in DCS and flip switches here and there.

But I was not able to figure out how to open the gunners door with it. I found this entry in the clickabledata.lua file, but they act on the pilot/copilot doors only, not the gunner one.

elements["DOOR_L-PTR"] = default_button(_("Open Doors") , devices.CPT_MECH, device_commands.Button_5, 419, 1, {0,1}, false)
elements["DOOR_L-PTR"].updatable = true
elements["DOOR_R-PTR"] = default_button(_("Open Doors") , devices.CPT_MECH, device_commands.Button_6, 421, 1, {0,1}, false)
elements["DOOR_R-PTR"].updatable = true

Anyone knows what is the entry for the gunner's door so I could use it with Cockpit Perform Clickable Action?

Thanks!
Frag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
shagrat
ED Translator

Not without looking, but I am sure the UN-Campaign coming with the Huey does open and close the doors in multiple missions, so it should be easy to look it up how it's done in the Mission Editor...

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC and an AHCP | Oculus Rift & controller
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #3
Frag

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Not without looking, but I am sure the UN-Campaign coming with the Huey does open and close the doors in multiple missions, so it should be easy to look it up how it's done in the Mission Editor...
You a so RIGHT I found how to do it in Mission #2, when the captain opened the door to deliver some material. I did not notice while doing the mission that he was opening it.

The command is the following: Perform Clickable Cockpit Action (9,3036,1)

Which brings me to another question.

9 is the cockpit device ... which is define in devices.lua as "devices.WEAPON_SYS"

3036 means that it is the 36th buttons in that category in clickabledata.lua in that WEAPON_SYS category. But there are no such thing in that file.

Is there any other files than clickabledata.lua for the things you can click? Maybe it is because the gunners are sitting behind and are not in the cockpit? Briefly, just trying to figure out where that entry comes from (which file). It's the first time I stumble on a reference that is not in clickabledata.lua...
Frag is offline   Reply With Quote