CombatFlite -- a flight planning tool - Page 67 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 AM   #661
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Anyone else getting an "Unhandled exception occurred" error when trying to configure weapon loadouts for flights that I add within combatflite?

ADDED: Hornet is fine, only have issues with A-10C flights.
Yes, internally fixed now. Thanks for reporting

CombatFlite.com |
Twitter @CombatFlite | YouTube Channel
Viper39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #662
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post
It works just like VirusAM described in this post. Also, there's a note directly in the ALE-47 tool window, which gives some useful info. You'll probably need to export the Lua file to a folder you have access to (e.g. to your Desktop or somewhere else). Then copy it over to the appropriate DCS folder. Don't forget to make a back-up of the original Lua file in there.
Okay thanks
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:25 AM   #663
YorZor

Hi Viper,

This program is really making big steps, thank you for that!

I have a question, I just upgraded from 1.0.2 and I see in the layer bar that it can somehow differentiate between restricted/prohibited and all the different airspace classes.
I looked at how to input those but haven't found it yet. Is there an easy way to go about this or how would I d it? Because currently I just have airspace marked with polygons etc etc.
Cheers,
Yorz
YorZor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #664
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorZor View Post
Hi Viper,

This program is really making big steps, thank you for that!

I have a question, I just upgraded from 1.0.2 and I see in the layer bar that it can somehow differentiate between restricted/prohibited and all the different airspace classes.
I looked at how to input those but haven't found it yet. Is there an easy way to go about this or how would I d it? Because currently I just have airspace marked with polygons etc etc.
Cheers,
Yorz
Thanks!

The airspace types and map layers are for the "Real World" theater. That's why these options are grayed out when a DCS theater is selected. CombatFlite loads AIXM and OpenAIP data and displays them as aerodromes, beacons and airspaces of different types when "Real World" theater is selected. These data are not a part of CF -- user has to add the files manually. It is a part of real-world focused functionality, that's being further expanded at the moment.

CombatFlite.com |
Old 01-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #665
YorZor

Alright then I'll keep doing it the way I'm using it now.

Cheers!
YorZor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #666
GGTharos
Veteran

Can we get this for in-game? I want to set these things up for missions It's fine if I have to define all this data myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper39 View Post
Thanks!

The airspace types and map layers are for the "Real World" theater. That's why these options are grayed out when a DCS theater is selected. CombatFlite loads AIXM and OpenAIP data and displays them as aerodromes, beacons and airspaces of different types when "Real World" theater is selected. These data are not a part of CF -- user has to add the files manually. It is a part of real-world focused functionality, that's being further expanded at the moment.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:20 AM   #667
Zooker

Thanks for the update! I may be having a dense moment, but I am having trouble getting the Custom Callsign to stick as a Group Name for miz units. Any insight?

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!
-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN
Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School
2 Victories, Vietnam

Last edited by Zooker; 01-11-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #668
Japo32

Hello. I cannot make it work. Several installs, running in administrator mode... but nothing. Here is the crashlog.txt:

11-Jan-2019 09:31:46.290
OS (6.2) Windows 8 / 10
Service Pack: No Service Pack Installed
64-bit OS
64-bit Process
Total Physical RAM: 15.9
.NET Framework Version: 4.7.2 or later
Primary screen bounds: 5040 x 1050
=========================================

ERROR 11-Jan-2019 09:31:46.705

A valid active Window is needed to update the Taskbar.
at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.TaskbarManager.get_OwnerHandle()
at Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Taskbar.TaskbarManager.SetProgressState(TaskbarProgressBarState state)
at wd1.formFP.Progress(Int32 percent)
at wd1.formFP.formFP_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

any help is welcome!
Japo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #669
Viper39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo32 View Post
Hello. I cannot make it work. Several installs, running in administrator mode... but nothing. Here is the crashlog.txt:
Hello,
I got your email. Thanks for reporting and sending the log. I'll try to figure it out over the weekend. So far I wasn't able to reproduce it. I'll keep you posted.

Best Regards,

CombatFlite.com |
Old 01-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #670
Mr_sukebe

Question on the tool, which looks lovely.

I recently tried importing a mission I'd already built, primarily to allow me to change the coalitions. I then exported a mission back to a DCS miz file. Somewhere along the way, all of my advanced waypoint options had been removed.
I'm assuming that I'd imported or exported with the wrong settings. Can you please advise how I should avoid this happening again?