Community A-4E-C

Minor point. A-4E is launched from carrier using briddle , not strut attachment of F-18. F-14, and other US 4th gen naval aircraft. AFAIK, US carrier no longer use briddle.

Unfortunately, a briddle system isn't available in DCS so we are unable to use a briddle system.

So I have a A-4EC 1.3 problem with Stennis. I can't trap. I can bolter, run on the landing area , and go around to try again. I can touch and go in trap area with hook up, roll off the deck ramp, try again. But if I trap, the A-4EC explodes. What happens is that the aircraft is pitched down to -90 with nose burried in the deck and tail up, dragging a caught wire. Then explodes. There is no gear collapse.

The other issue is ball. I can only just just see it if I zoom in inside cockpit view into the sight. Otherwise the meatball is black. I run at 2560X1440 144mhz. If I do that then instruments cross checking is impossible.

Stennis landing area aniso filtering. If I have no anisotropic filter, the landing area lines are blurred out as make them unreadable in the groove, all the way in. Appearing at the ramp or close to it. So the line up is near impossible. I'd be approaching the ship, in the groove, only to discover that ,y lineup azimuth is 10-20 degrees off, when I a, near ramp. When the deck texture resolves.

Anisotropic filtering of 8X or more is required. But it eats away at FPS.

So I have a A-4EC 1.3 problem with Stennis. I can't trap. I can bolter, run on the landing area , and go around to try again. I can touch and go in trap area with hook up, roll off the deck ramp, try again. But if I trap, the A-4EC explodes. What happens is that the aircraft is pitched down to -90 with nose burried in the deck and tail up, dragging a caught wire. Then explodes. There is no gear collapse.

The other issue is ball. I can only just just see it if I zoom in inside cockpit view into the sight. Otherwise the meatball is black. I run at 2560X1440 144mhz. If I do that then instruments cross checking is impossible.

Stennis landing area aniso filtering. If I have no anisotropic filter, the landing area lines are blurred out as make them unreadable in the groove, all the way in. Appearing at the ramp or close to it. So the line up is near impossible. I'd be approaching the ship, in the groove, only to discover that ,y lineup azimuth is 10-20 degrees off, when I a, near ramp. When the deck texture resolves.

I just tried a few traps and I can confirm part of the problem. I have no graphic issues; Stennis is crisp and clear an so is the ball. But upon trap the plane goes nose down into the deck, catches fire and explodes. With hook up I can make touch and go landings.

Flight of the SkyHawk

I couldn't control the urge ;)

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Everything that you’ve described are bugs in the DCS World Sim and not the A-4E module itself. ED is the one who can fixed those issues.

The carrier landing issue is a well known and reported issue but we have yet to hear from ED if they are fixing it or not. Check the link below, maybe it would be fixed faster if more people would comment on it

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242341

The only workaround for now is not to start in the air. Only start from the catapult or land airbase.

The rest of your graphical issues need to be reported to ED too as we are not responsible for the carrier. We don’t have the ability to ask ED to prioritise any bug fixes for us.

I just tried a few traps and I can confirm part of the problem. I have no graphic issues; Stennis is crisp and clear an so is the ball. But upon trap the plane goes nose down into the deck, catches fire and explodes. With hook up I can make touch and go landings.

Please refer to my response to Dmitri. The trapping issue is an ED issue, not the A-4E.

I like it Irf!!

Thankyou :thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Everything that you’ve described are bugs in the DCS World Sim and not the A-4E module itself. ED is the one who can fixed those issues.

The carrier landing issue is a well known and reported issue but we have yet to hear from ED if they are fixing it or not. Check the link below, maybe it would be fixed faster if more people would comment on it

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242341

The only workaround for now is not to start in the air. Only start from the catapult or land airbase.

The rest of your graphical issues need to be reported to ED too as we are not responsible for the carrier. We don’t have the ability to ask ED to prioritise any bug fixes for us.

You're right. I've added my comment. Others should also voice their concerns as we love this mod.

I've banged on about things like this for ages and had some pretty snide remarks in the past. ED does some amazing stuff but needs to think about these things before implementing them. I dread everytime an update occurs, wondering what mod etc will not work. This great plane is always in the wars.

Come on ED, just a little thought.

help with installation

Hi, congratulations in your great job with the scooter, this is the only one I cared for!!!!

Im trying to install it, but a bit confused, some people say install in

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\A-4E-C

others

E:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

by any way Im not able to see it listed in the available aircraft, any suggestion?

Hi, congratulations in your great job with the scooter, this is the only one I cared for!!!!

Im trying to install it, but a bit confused, some people say install in

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\A-4E-C

others

E:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

by any way Im not able to see it listed in the available aircraft, any suggestion?

Follow the official instructions https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c

This should result in C:\Users\user\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C

Installing in your main install is explicitly mentioned in the official instructions and the wrong way of doing it. Doing so will cause the module to fail loading even if install correctly. Please delete it from the main install.

Hi all,

There appears to be a bug in the main sim with regards to the main sim's ability to report barometric altitude correctly. The sim is returning height above ground instead of barometric altitude. This is causing the altimeter to reflect an incorrect altitude. We are still trying to confirm this bug so if someone else can help confirm this behaviour, we would really appreciate it.

unknown.png

I have no idea whether the sim has a bug relating to Bar Alt reporting but I can say that an incorrect altimeter setting could easily account for a 500+ foot difference.

I did double check the altimeter setting between the mission and A-4 before confirming it as a bug. There's definitely a bug in the Lua function from the sim. Within the same mission in Caucasus, spawning at any location will give an altitude output of 14ft. Even if the airfields have a few hundred feet of elevation difference. And if you fly from a higher elevation airfield to a lower one, you'll end up with a negative altitude value from the sim. So unless the airfield is supposed to be 300 feet below sea level...

Weird thing is the error isn't a consistent error. It's fairly consistent on Caucasus, you're always 14 ft at spawn. But on PG, some places are 14ft while some at 2000 ft. My guess is some coder who updated the terrain data didn't realise how the Lua function works and didn't update the one for the avLua devices. So the altitude data is all wrong. Some users have told me the altitude at some places in Nevada is wrong even on official modules. So there's probably an altitude table that is just being read from.

For the FFB2 users, I know that there is an issue where the aileron trim doesn't wrong when using the MS FFB2. Turns out the sim's Lua function responsible for roll trim doesn't respond when the sim detects an FFB2.

However, I've figured out another way to send trim information to the sim which in my testing shows it does work with the FFB2 and other sticks. Please check the information and file provided on the issue tracker and let me know if it solves the aileron trim problem for you as well. I'll need to rewrite the trim implementation in the A-4E with this new solution before I can commit it into the main code. If all goes well, this fix will go into the next update.

Unfortunately, I have no clue if I will be able to solve the issue where the AFCS doesn't work with the FFB2. It probably requires a huge rewrite of how the AFCS works and I'm not sure if I have the time for that right now. But I'll leave the issue on the tracker for future work. And I'm not sure how many FFB2/A-4E users are there. Do let me know if you're an FFB2 user.

I'm really loving this A4 mod and thanks for it. I have a question, I cant for the life of me get the Mk 4 HIPEGs to fire. I have the A-4 guide and follow the instructions, Master arm on, guns switch to safe, select pylon , charge pods, set range, pull trigger and nothing happens.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks for any help

I'm really loving this A4 mod and thanks for it. I have a question, I cant for the life of me get the Mk 4 HIPEGs to fire. I have the A-4 guide and follow the instructions, Master arm on, guns switch to safe, select pylon , charge pods, set range, pull trigger and nothing happens.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks for any help

The HIPEGs have their own charge and arm switches. It's just in front of the throttle section.

A-4C Tanker option

I noticed that the A-4C can be designated and equipped to fly as a tanker but he isn't listed in the comm menu. He flies the pattern and has the tanks. Help or idea's how to wake him up?

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit