TM F/A-18C STICK

Nospin44

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that none of the sellers, amazon or otherwise, can ship to Switzerland, well bummer...

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it pops...

Have you checked AliExpress? Ebay might be your best bet, but people will likely jack up the price at least initially.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Have you checked AliExpress? Ebay might be your best bet, but people will likely jack up the price at least initially.

Stick is not in the hands of the people to re-sell, but official Thrustmaster shop, accepts preorders and ships everywhere around: Austria, Germany, France, Italy, but not to Switzerland.

My warthog buttons are: P1-11118 (2.5 lbs, gray) for pinkie and side/index finger switches, P1-11121 (4 lbs, red) for thumb/pickle switch and P1-11122 (4 lbs, black) for paddle lever switch. You can maybe find them cheap used on ebay. If you're in the US Peerless is a cheap source, otherwise they'll set you back like €80/$90 total before tax on e.g. Mouser.com. Puts the price discussion on the Hornet grip into perspective :smilewink:

Except Thrustmaster would be buying thousands not 4. So there’s price breaks.

Except Thrustmaster would be buying thousands not 4. So there’s price breaks.

The price breaks on the online warehouses aren’t much. The cheap prices can be had on random surplus on eBay, so not sure what you’ve said would be true...at least not materially true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

On Mouser it looks like $7 or so discount on the P1s @1,000. And technically that's still not a Wholesale price which Thrustmaster would be paying.

I'm sure their Faux OTTO buttons still cost less, but they just don't have that great click.

The 5 ways yea Thrustmasters solution is a SIGNIFICANT savings. Same with the trigger.

I'm sure their Faux OTTO buttons still cost less, but they just don't have that great click.

What is the issue with this "faux" (besides that "broken" in some cases) buttons?

Lack of "weight" (force for operation) of spring under button cap, or lack of "click" (tactile or audible) in the tactile switch inside the button, that is the most simplify version possible of tactile switch.

For one that don't want invest ~$80 in original OTTO, replace the spring and/or the tactile switch inside is not a worth option?

• 2 weeks later...
Stick is not in the hands of the people to re-sell, but official Thrustmaster shop, accepts preorders and ships everywhere around: Austria, Germany, France, Italy, but not to Switzerland.

Did you find a way to import into switzerland? I life here too, and i'm interested how to get it here.

Thanks

Did you find a way to import into switzerland? I life here too, and i'm interested how to get it here.

Thanks

Hi, I spoke to Thrustmaster representative on FB, and he told me that this is a preorder phase, they don't plan to accept preorders / ship to Switzerland, but once the stick will hit retail (late July), he assured it would be sold in Swiss shops.

Hi, I spoke to Thrustmaster representative on FB, and he told me that this is a preorder phase, they don't plan to accept preorders / ship to Switzerland, but once the stick will hit retail (late July), he assured it would be sold in Swiss shops.

Ah superb! :)

Thank you!

Can't pre-order any more on TM UK site. Item is now 'Out of Stock'!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yep, nothing has ever shown on Amazon for this yet.

Slightly annoying, I didn't pre-order as TM were going to take the full amount off my card weeks in advance of shipping the goods. Now it's out of stock!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes, thanks, I could do, but taxes and import duty make it difficult to justify! I presume TM will have it in stock again soon - hopefully!

Yes, thanks, I could do, but taxes and import duty make it difficult to justify! I presume TM will have it in stock again soon - hopefully!

Too bad you live way over in Cornwall. I'm in Gatwick all the time and could have just brought you one

It is strange to see the stick listed at Home Depot, available July 17-22. Walmart also sells these.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Both the TM website and Amazon still say July 25, but I’ve seen a number of different dates across other sites.

I’m still banking on the TM/Amazon date being the best estimate for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Just got confirmation email from Amazon that it should be delivered by the 1st week of August.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Does the Hornet stick have less buttons than the Warthog? For example, do we not lose the TMS functionality?

Does the Hornet stick have less buttons than the Warthog? For example, do we not lose the TMS functionality?

It has the same number of actions, but spread a little differently. So instead of the two 4-way hats on the Warthog, you get a 4-way+push castle hat and the rotary switch which is two-way and a push - both 8 actions but divvied up differently. The rest of the switches are essentially the same I believe.

Edited by backspace340

It has the same number of actions, but spread a little differently. So instead of the two 4-way hats on the Warthog, you get a 4-way+push castle hat and the rotary switch which is two-way and a push - both 8 actions but divvied up differently. The rest of the switches are essentially the same I believe.

That, and the master mode switch (index finger button on TMWH nose) is now the recce event mark switch. But yeah, you have the same button count just different layout that would be a little awkward for the A-10C at least, as one of the hats (TMS/DMS/CMS/Trim) are going to have to be spread over multiple buttons rather than on one hat. Which one you spread out is of course up to you.

That said the A-10C/F-16C that the original Warthog is based on have one of the more complicated HOTAS setups outside of stuff like the F-22/35. So at least for nearly all flight sim planes, even to DCS level they should provide more than enough buttons.

But the castle hat (CMS) is a 4 way with push on the Warthog as well!

AFAICS, we have the same trim and 'DMS' switches plus wepaon release and trigger. but the 'TMS' switch seems to have been reduced to a rotary and push.