Wobeling problems

I havent flown the Mi-8 for a while but I must have a config problem

Trim doesnt work as for the UH-1 oder Ka50, it does not lock in pisition until the stick is returned in central position. In option its the same central position trimmer mode

I got the feeling Im fighting against the auto pilot or so, resulting in constant oscillation at each new input on the control surfaces. What option do I have to check for that? easy flight mode is deactivated?

The Mi-8 doesn't have an autopilot, only dampening channels.

Make sure the engines are revved up to their nominal RPM and the generators are online. Select the middle button on the center console and make sure the light goes on (green colour).

Once this is done, the trimmer button will hold the stick in the position you pressed the button but depending on your settings in DCS, you might need to recenter your own stick or use any other mode that you feel comfortable with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

if you are more used to the huey then don't move your cyclic so much. let the flight assist do it.

wobbling is pilot induced oscillation and it actually took me a while to realise it was me because im used to the huey where you need the input because you have no flight assist.

the huey wants to wobble and you need to correct it.

the mi-8 wont wobble because of the assist.

but my muscle memory from the huey was causing it to wobble.

so I consciously had to put in less correction when flying. to be more stable in the mi-8.

ironically its the opposite with the collective and pedals. I find I have to do more work with both of these inputs than in the huey.

so ignore the cyclic more and focus on pedals and collective and you will have a better hover in the mi-8

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Don't change collective an faster then 2 degrees per second (from the top of my head, the value is in the manual somewhere). Keep an eye on the blade AoA gauge lower left corner of the pilot's instruments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

@Neon67, try Default trimmer mode.

I tried all the three different options. None of them make the virtual cyclick stick to its position until the physical joystick is returned to its neutral position. Its kinda strange because it works well for UH-1H and Ka-50. Can someone confirm this aswell ?

I used to encounter a bit of wobbeling, but as mentioned above it ended up being me causing it. The Hip is extremely stable, and imo, it's my favorite helicopter out of the current stable.

I haven't had any issues using the trim, personally. Set the cyclic in desired position, press the trim button, then you can allow the stick to center (usually).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2