Rockets not firing - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
Accipiter

Default Rockets not firing

I wasn't sure if this is a bug report or just my ineptitude, so I thought I would ask here.

When Rockets and Bomb is loaded I can not fire the rockets. Bomb will release but no rockets.

When taking off radio menu is available. After take off I can not select the radio menu? Wingman is herd but I cant communicate? This is regardless of whether easy comms is on or off?

There is a "Mirror left glance" RWin+N, but no mirror in the cockpit?

Thanks

David
Old 05-09-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Art-J
Veteran

Mixed loadout issue is a confirmed bug I believe. No ETA for the fix so far.

About the radio, make sure You've assigned "push to talk" command rather than "communication" one.

No idea about the mirror. The real plane never had one, so it's probably a command leftover from some other module.

Last edited by Art-J; 05-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Art-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
Accipiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
Mixed loadout issue is a confirmed bug I believe. No ETA for the fix so far.

About the radio, make sure You've assigned "push to talk" command rather than "communication" one.

No idea about the mirror. The real plane never had one, so it's probably a command leftover from some other module.

Pity about the mirror! Not that it would help me much, I always get bounced by Mustangs and end up in the silk! But what a great bail out animation!

Aha! That's sorted out the radio commands! Not that my AI wingmen are much use covering my arse!

The mixed load out is a pity, but the cannons make up for the loss of rockets. I am definitely more at home as a Mud Mover in WW2 aircraft, dogfighting in the FW190 escapes my ability.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #4
cthulhu68

The 4x50lb bombs work along with rockets.
You have to drop bombs first. Then pull red handle under dash to jettison rack. Then rockets work.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Accipiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu68 View Post
The 4x50lb bombs work along with rockets.
You have to drop bombs first. Then pull red handle under dash to jettison rack. Then rockets work.
Many thanks. That's the "Rumflast" handle? I will give it a try. But did they have to jettison the rack every time? I would have thought they would try and keep the racks for the next mission?

I was getting a bit confused. The guide I am reading says the stores rack jettison is not implemented? But perhaps that's just for rocket racks?

""To jettison rocket racks, set the“ABSPRENGSCHA.GERÄT21”switch to EIN(UP)to arm the explosive jettison charges on the rocket racks and press the“Weapon Release”(RALT+SPACE)to jettison them.(NOT CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED)""

Cheers.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
cthulhu68

Rocket racks jettison not implemented yet.

From what I read in another thread bomb rack needed to be dropped to complete an electrical circuit to the rockets or something like that.

Also hope they fix no unlimited ammo on 4x50lb bombs.
All other weapons that works.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #7
rogonaut

as for now rockets and the sc 500 bomb does not work unfortunatly.
rogonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #8
Mr_sukebe

Re-confirmed yesterday.
I was able to drop the 4x small bombs, THEN use the rockets.
Was able to drop the large bomb, but the rockets could not be launched.
Mr_sukebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
Freddo

Rockets and the Bomb Rack for 4x50 share the same electrical circuit, it was for the Dora electrical not possible to use the rockets before the bombs or big bombs with rockets.
„Rumpflast Handle“ jettison the rack and this close mechanical the electrical connection to the rockets. Big bombs use other racks / rails, with only one launch trigger, fire or no fire, but the rockets and 4x50 rack need a option to fire multiple times.

Rockets rack or grenade launcher jettision are not simulatet.