FaceTrackNoIR v170 released!

Dear DCS-airmen and women,

I am happy to announce that v170 of FaceTrackNoIR was released yesterday. The new version contains a number of important improvements, which also benefit many DCS-users.

The most important new features:

• A new filter called Accela, providing great stability and yet maintain response;
  • An IR-tracker called PointTracker. This was translated from the FreeTrack sources and is very useful for users, who already have an IR-headset;
  • A new game-protocol called "FreeTrack 2.0", which supports all FreeTrack and TrackIR games, including all DCS-games. No 'game-fixing' or PPJoy is required any more. (Of course, the alternative headtracker interface of DCS also still works);

You are welcome to try v170, please visit the FaceTrackNoIR website

Wim Vriend

FaceTrackNoIR Team

Holland

:pilotfly:

Any protocol to share?

The DCS A-10c protocol that comes with v1.70 is not fully customized - too sensitive. It seems that the frame is more stable and that is good news.

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

The DCS A-10c protocol that comes with v1.70 is not fully customized - too sensitive. It seems that the frame is more stable and that is good news.

thanks

Hi vjamiko,

Thanks for your feedback. But what do you mean with 'not fully customized'?

Is something missing or wrong?

You can change sensitivity by adjusting the curves and/or filter in FaceTrackNoIR.

so...

Hi vjamiko,

Thanks for your feedback. But what do you mean with 'not fully customized'?

Is something missing or wrong?

You can change sensitivity by adjusting the curves and/or filter in FaceTrackNoIR.

1 - after the upgrade when i press F2 F4-5 for outside view the view rotates 360 nonstop

2 - where and how to limit the pilot view axis?

the new software is great and for me it is the tool to use - free, stable and available (Israel)

thanks mate

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Hey!

Just noticed this! It's absolutely perfect wit that new filter! No more shaking when I look over my shoulder!

However, my Bulgarian flying buddy is having a problem. Screenshot attached. Any ideas?

Nogmaals hartstikke bedankt Vriend! :smilewink:

Untitled.thumb.png.05cece9ddda2df3f4c267728039e00e7.png

'Frett'

V4Friend, is there any plan to allow the user to select which webcam to use for input when using the Point Tracker? I understand this feature is useless for FaceAPI, because the freebie face API uses only the first webcam enumerated. I'd like to try Point Tracker, but FaceTrackNoIR opens my laptop's webcam first, always. :( I know I could disable the webcam, but I use it for Skype and would prefer to avoid the Device Manager dance..

Well after a first try i found impossible to use the face tracking without putting all my cameras brightness and even then it only detects my face for a short time. Besides that couldnt get dcs to detect my face movement ingame.

Now when trying the point track with a 3 led clip i had been using with freetrack, i was amazed at how smooth, easy to tune and faithfull to my movement it is!. I always had the problem with freetrack that i couldnt get good enough smoothness and when rolling my face to one side was different than the other. This version of ftnoir worked great almost as default, gives lots more freedom inside the cockpit. I imagine it will only improve with some tweaking.

Since im used to ir tracking im very happy with this release. Hope to get the face tracking working one day though.

Good work :thumbup:

• A new game-protocol called "FreeTrack 2.0", which supports all FreeTrack and TrackIR games, including all DCS-games. No 'game-fixing' or PPJoy is required any more. (Of course, the alternative headtracker interface of DCS also still works);

Hello!

Thank you for the new version of your great software! But unfortunately, I'm having problems with the part in quote. DCSW correctly detects FreeTrack2.0 as TracIR device, so I can see it in Input menu, and when I click Axis Tune, I can see my movements are recognized.

As I enter the cockpit, it still works flawlesly and I can look around as I want. But... only during my first flight. As soon as I end the mission and decide to re-fly it, or start a different one, boom - none of my movements are recognized any longer and I can move the view using Numpad keys.

The only solution seems to be to restart both DCSW and FTNoIR.

Doing it the old way, using the alternative ED headtracker, still works OK.

I'm sure I'm doing a simple and stupid mistake somewhere, but can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Big thanks in advance! :)

1 - after the upgrade when i press F2 F4-5 for outside view the view rotates 360 nonstop

the new software is great and for me it is the tool to use - free, stable and available (Israel)

thanks mate

by the way : I upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7 and not new install, maybe this info will help to solve the 360 camera rotate when F2 for outside view issue

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks mate

by the way : I upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7 and not new install, maybe this info will help to solve the 360 camera rotate when F2 for outside view issue

I am having the same exact problem as #1 above except it will also spin nonstop in my cockpit view as well. Half of the time it works beautifully, but sometimes in the cockpit view, it rotates vertically nonstop as soon as the game loads up. It acts as if I'm constantly holding the "view up" button. Maybe there is a conflict with my key mappings now that I have head tracking in there? I've tried removing some but to no avail. Unlike vjamiko, this was a fresh install for me as I have never used any sort of head tracking before.

Hi,

I have a TrackIR2 and at the moment I couldn't get it to work in DCS World. In FC2 I applied TrackIRFixer and did the trick, pero there is no equivalent for DCS World.

Yesterday I installed FaceTrackNoIR but it doesn't detect my TrackIR.

Could you please tell me, what components do I need to install, besides FaceTrackNoIR?

I tried uninstalling TrackIR2 software and drivers too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a TrackIR2 and at the moment I couldn't get it to work in DCS World. In FC2 I applied TrackIRFixer and did the trick, pero there is no equivalent for DCS World.

Yesterday I installed FaceTrackNoIR but it doesn't detect my TrackIR.

Could you please tell me, what components do I need to install, besides FaceTrackNoIR?

I tried uninstalling TrackIR2 software and drivers too.

Thanks in advance.

Strange TrackIR works fine for me...but my version is #4

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Great job,unbelieveble perfect working.I just today instaled new Windows8 Pro,instaled DCS world 1.2.3,then instaled facetracknoir v170 and launched FtnoIR and DCS world and nothing else.No game fixes or interventions to Instalation folder.Everything works perfect.Thanx a milion.

Strange TrackIR works fine for me...but my version is #4

Hi,

Could you please tell me if you installed some TrackIR4 driver?

In my case, as TrackIR2 is outdated, I have to install TrackIR4 software (version 4.1.030 if I remember well), as this package comes with a working TrackIR2 driver for Windows 7 x64, but the TrackIR4 software however doesn't work with the TrackIR2, so after that I install TrackIR 3 software (I use version 3.13). This package comes with a driver we will not use, but the application will run with the driver provided in the TrackIR 4 package.

I have no problems in FC2 by applying TrackIRFixer, but Eagle Dynamics changed something in DCS series TrackIR protocol and I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks.

Great job,unbelieveble perfect working.I just today instaled new Windows8 Pro,instaled DCS world 1.2.3,then instaled facetracknoir v170 and launched FtnoIR and DCS world and nothing else.No game fixes or interventions to Instalation folder.Everything works perfect.Thanx a milion.

Good for you then. Weirdly enough, I can't still get mine working.

As I already mentioned, everything works fine and fool-proof, just like Daniel says, but only during first mission right after starting DCSW. As soon as I end mission and start any other one (or re-fly the same), DCS completely stops responding to FTnoIR.

Clean re-install of FTnoIR does not fix the issue, nor does DCS repair function (I really don't want to completely reinstall DCSW until absolutely necessary).

Can somebody please help me?? :helpsmilie:

And by the way, I'm using Win7 64bit. Thanks.

Good for you then. Weirdly enough, I can't still get mine working.

As I already mentioned, everything works fine and fool-proof, just like Daniel says, but only during first mission right after starting DCSW. As soon as I end mission and start any other one (or re-fly the same), DCS completely stops responding to FTnoIR.

Clean re-install of FTnoIR does not fix the issue, nor does DCS repair function (I really don't want to completely reinstall DCSW until absolutely necessary).

Can somebody please help me?? :helpsmilie:

And by the way, I'm using Win7 64bit. Thanks.

Maybe I too praised v170 ,but exactly how you said when I end missioin and start any other FTnoIR is not responding.Only one think what I can do is exit game and start game again with mission which you want.Then FTnoIr is working again.

This looks like FTnoIR only read first start of game with first mision you choose and then is unable to read start any mission wihout completely exit game and start game again.It is enough serious bug I think.

So if anybody find how to fix it ,I'll be grateful to him.THX

-I found something.

You DONT HAVE TO exit game to allow FTnoIR work again in another mission,BUT when you want change missions you have to switch off FTnoIR then first launch mision and then launch FTnoIR.I dont know if this is helpfull but is better then exit whole game and then start again.So in practice this looks like.

-exit olny mission,no whole game

-ALT+TAB switch off FTnoIR

-return to game,start new mission you choose

-_when mission is launched ALT+TAB again,launch FTnoIR START tracking and FTnoIR is working in mission

Edited by SVK_Daniel
I find solution.
  • Like 1

^ Thanks, Daniel, good find!

After following your advice, I don't have to quit DCSW every time. It still sucks, but not so much.

Definitely an unpleasant bug. I already reported it at FTnoIR webpage. Let's hope they will find something out.

Sorry, no notifications received...

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't respond before. Somehow, I don't receive notifications from the new posts any more :helpsmilie:.

I'll try to give some answers.

@vjamiko: I'm not sure, but I get strange views in DCS too, when the pitch goes higher that 90. So you have to limit the curve for pitch to max. 90 output.

@turbohog: Bedankt! We have figured out that the 64-bit version of NPClient needs the 64-bit version of the C++ runtime libraries (vcredist_x64). This is the location where it can be found: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347 It will be added to beta2.

@alterscape: the camera for PointTracker can be selected on the camera tab of the settings. It's the selection called "Index". We will try to make that a more meaningfull selection later, but for now you'll have to enter a number and try...

I'll put a test of DCS World on my ToDo list. Apparently, something strange happens there... I'm glad you have already found a quick-fix for now.

^ Thanks, Daniel, good find!

After following your advice, I don't have to quit DCSW every time. It still sucks, but not so much.

Definitely an unpleasant bug. I already reported it at FTnoIR webpage. Let's hope they will find something out.

@Rotorhead: could you please check your PMs?