A question, not a poll: Are 2.5.2 crashes dedicated to Win 10 systems mainly/only?

wernst

After reading all the CTD posts here (log files) I noted, that most if not all crashes are related to Win 10 systems.

Is it really? Or is it my misreading or coincidence?

I run 2.5.2 and Gulf map on Win 7 now for almost two days - crash free.

Since I set page file size from “stupid low MB” to “system managed size” I had no single crash anymore.

I tried all maps, many modules, flew saved missions or started newly created missions (day/night) directly from ME, again and again - no single crash.

(Even stutter seems to have gone). Switching off/on the PC many times, loading different missions - no crash during the last two days.

But I still keep my fingers crossed !!!

There are of course many systems out there which run crash free after the 2.5.2 and Gulf map installation (as mine).

And there are systems which are troublemaker. What is it? Do I have just luck or is my luck related to have an old but updated Win 7 system??

Again, it's just a question, a guess which is far from being an expert's advice.

If there is a system difference between Win 7 and Win 10, which has negative impact on the new 2.5.2 installation,

the DCS team might have a clue to solve the issue.

Or not.

If not we still have to pray.

• ED Team

It is not the OS, generally it is drivers out of date, or a DCS bug.

Win 10 features more as it is the most popular OS nowdays

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It is not the OS, generally it is drivers out of date, or a DCS bug.

Win 10 features more as it is the most popular OS nowdays

ok, not the OS.

But, "I'm sorry", I don't have any DCS bug!

My Win 7 drivers are not up to date. (I'm afraid of the meltdown and spectre updates)

And I don't have "the most popular OS nowdays". I have the poor man's Win 7 only.

What then it's "wrong" with my system, because everything is ok?

If everything works then nothing is wrong with your system...do you need the forums to tell you that? :lol:

If you start experiencing crashes, the first thing support will tell you to do is update drivers etc. but until you have a problem, there is no problem...

What Newy means by popularity is that the sample size is larger, therefore you will see more error reports.

If everything works then nothing is wrong with your system...do you need the forums to tell you that? :lol:

Please learn that I didn't want to report that everything is ok with me but I was trying to help others what may wrong with their systems.

Is that what you makes lol?

I guess I just don't understand what you are asking, or what you are trying to accomplish. You asked what was wrong with your system...sounds like nothing. :dunno:

Your main question was answered...a greater number of error reports from users with Windows 10 are because there are more users with Windows 10, not because Windows 10 is a problem.

I guess I just don't understand what you are asking, or what you are trying to accomplish. You asked what was wrong with your system...sounds like nothing. :dunno:

Your main question was answered...a greater number of error reports from users with Windows 10 are because there are more users with Windows 10, not because Windows 10 is a problem.

“wrong” is in quotation marks, it’s irony! I simply want to stress that my system behaves differently.

My basic question is: What is the reason behind that one system (e.g. mine, Win7) runs well but others not.

If it is a DCS bug and not OS related then all gamers, regardless of their OS, should equally be complaining about CTD’s, right?

"a greater number of error reports from users with Windows 10 are because there are more users with Windows 10"

“a greater number” THAN what. . . “there are more users” . . . THAN who?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the logic of this sentence.

The basic expression of this sentence is: a greater number is . . .because there are more.

It's an uncomplete comparison, there is no logic, it’s tautology.

If I could get at least some reports from Win 7 users about CTD’s after 2.5.2 installation

I will end my comments here.

• ED Team
“wrong” is in quotation marks, it’s irony! I simply want to stress that my system behaves differently.

My basic question is: What is the reason behind that one system (e.g. mine, Win7) runs well but others not.

If it is a DCS bug and not OS related then all gamers, regardless of their OS, should equally be complaining about CTD’s, right?

"a greater number of error reports from users with Windows 10 are because there are more users with Windows 10"

“a greater number” THAN what. . . “there are more users” . . . THAN who?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the logic of this sentence.

The basic expression of this sentence is: a greater number is . . .because there are more.

It's an uncomplete comparison, there is no logic, it’s tautology.

If I could get at least some reports from Win 7 users about CTD’s after 2.5.2 installation

I will end my comments here.

It has nothing to do with the OS, trust me I look at these crashes all day long.

I run windows 10, it is great, I don't see half of the problems some users have.

Crashes are generally a bug with DCS, a system driver, a configuration, security / AV issue.

Very rarely is it the OS

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

QUOTE: My basic question is: What is the reason behind that one system (e.g. mine, Win7) runs well but others not. <<END

If we knew the answer to that question we'd make millions !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X