New plane

HoYa

I’ve been flying the f15 and the a10a, which for an old guy had a hell of a learning curve. I’ve gotten to the point that I can fly them with confidence, and can pass the training missions, although the quick easy missions still kick my butt. I’ve also learn to love this sim for its realism and complexity, despite the fact that it’s a time eating black hole !!

Yesterday I tried the free mustang, which was the first time with a clickable cockpit. WOW, very, very impressive. If I decide to try Learn a new plane instead of mastering the 15 and a 10a, is the mustang a good one to start with? A relatively easy learning curve ?

Thanks to all who offer an opinion...

If you like the TF-51, and can take off and land it, you will love the P-51 or any other of the Tail draggers

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you want to learn WWII plane and not modern, the Mustang has the best handling characteristics from WWII planes, does not matter on ground or in the air.

The Mustang is the easiest way to learn to fly WWII plane.

You will not do wrong if you choose it.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Taildraggers are much harder to fly safely and will take awhile to get it right and will improve all your flying.

Practice in the TF-51 and see if you really like the tail daggers. Great 3 part essay found at the top of the DCS: Spitfire L.F. Mk. IX section.

This guy has some great video's for tail daggers, less powerful than what we are flying, still same concepts.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link