Look how far we have come. Vintage DCS feat. Ralphidude

Rider1

I have always loved Ralphi's videos over the years and I ran across this really old LOMAC (Lock On Modern Air Combat). video. How did we ever play with graphics like that. LOL :)

Edited by Rider1

And yet at the time, we were all googoo gaga over the "state of the art"...I remember a very primitive SU27 game about 1998 (possibly one of the first from ED) that my computer couldn't run for more than 10-15 seconds...It must've been based in Flatland, because the majority of the terrain was uber-flat, with pyramidal mountains.

BUT...the gauges moooved as the plane flew! Altitude, airspeed, ADI and HSI...whooooaaaa....;)

The mission they are attacking a FARP looks like Hamburger Hill from STP Dragon....

HOLY MOLY how much time has passed since STP was the only server on (or at least me)....

We can make a whole thread praising old ralfidude videos and reminiscing of the old DCS

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Indeed we have come a long way!

I recall an 'advanced' sim of the A-10 in the early 90's (just a teenager then). I thought it was so amazing ... it even had wingman communications! In comparison, where we are now with DCS 2.5 and VR is just incredible!

I really hope that I live a long time so I can see where this all goes in the future!

Found a link to that old A-10 game if anyone is wondering what blew the minds of us oldies back then:

8700k, 1080Ti, 16GB 3200 RAM, Warthog Hotas, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution