The more beautiful places of Caucasus 2.5

jef32

Hi !

For being honest the Caucasus 2.5 is an amazing punch in our faces. And if flying above with planes is a real pleasure, flying with helicopters is absolutly fabulous to appreciate ED team's work.

So for you what are the best places of this map for do some tourism ?

For me, and for what I've seen for now, the most beautiful is the place where the player takes-off for the Huey mission made by ED: Elbrus rescue.

For these who havn't bought the Huey, this mission starts near the Elbrus village in the valley and the landscape around here is absolutly fabulous.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

So for you what are the best places of this map for do some tourism ?...

For me, anywhere in the Lesser or Greater Caucasus Mountain chains is worth a flight. About the only part of the map I don't enjoy as much is the Taman Peninsula and the steppes of the Krasnodar Krai. Flat expanses have never done much for me.

A nice flight would be from Tbilisi following the Military Highway up through the Jvari Pass to the Darial Gorge and down to Vladikavkaz, Russia. Unfortunately, the map doesn't have some of the more interesting things you'd actually see along the way like the Gudauri ski area or the Gergeti Trinity Church below Mt Kazbek. But the scenery itself is enjoyable. Then there's the Bezengi Wall above Nalchik and the entire Svaneti region. All lends itself nicely to sight seeing.

I'm currently working on a video Tour of the southern portion of the map which I hope to have out in a month or so to highlight some of this stuff. It's somewhat along the lines of my old Crimean Tour video. Just wish I had more free time to spend on it

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I've been working on a helo mission set in early morning winter in a valley north of Kutaisi and to me this is where you see a huge improvement. The barren, blotchy, sometimes cringe-worthy valleys of 1.0 really come to life with the new textures, snow covering and variety of trees.

Screen_180225_002040.thumb.jpg.c31e7d1ea497a8cca6d2c69c26dec59c.jpg

Edited by cthulhu68

There is a place in the world that I love in real, it's the Reunion Island.

And often, mountain landscapes seen in DCS 2.5 ( in summer time of course ) are reminding me the landscapes of Reunion island ( except the palms of course).

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks

Downloaded and I'll try it later today.

I've already discovered the new looks of oil rigs near Sotchi, some days ago.

I've done the flight. I havn't noticed that mountains near Gudauta were so craggy. I've discovered a nice little lake too, near Kutaisi that I havn't noticed yet: Kibuli reservoir.

Thanks. I've done it with a Su-27 but I had to refuel at Nalchik.

As Nalchik hadn't refueling capacity, I had to go out the mission to translate my plane from Anapa to Nalckik and set the hour I've landed at Nalchik with the ME and took-off for the continuing of the mission.

You can also fly anywhere at sunset in this map and just enjoy the show until night. Just mindblowing. Agree with you Jef, 2.5 deserves to be seen from an helicopter.

During our last training session at BSD, I almost crashed the server by taking screenshots. doh.gif

This!

When the Gazelle first came out, I took a dusk flight through the mountains. I had a radio mod installed and was playing Ravel's Daphnis et Cloe.

The music is hauntingly beautiful.

This was, and is, the most magical moment for me.

And we did not have 2.5!

I need to try this again..............

It may be a long flight........better have a beer ready!:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

This is a great topic! Keep them coming.

I am new to DCS and only own the Gazelle. I would love suggestions for places to scout :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

have a little look at the mission posted earlier it give a tour of the whole region

yesterday I've done a fabulous flight from Nalchik, through the Caucase, to rejoin Sukhumi with the Huey on low AGL altidude on a summer afternoon.

I went thought the valley just at the foot of Mt Elrus ( Bylym, Tyrnyaouz, Elbrus, Baydaevo) After Terskoi I went to the south, passing a mountain pass then I followed the litlle river going towards the lower altitude. At the end, the river became a lake and in fact it was the Inguri lake with the only dam of DCS. After, I went to Sukhumi by following the mountains border, flying above Reshkhi, I was absolutly amazing.

Before I've done many flights from Myneralvoldye to Batumi with the Mirage 2000, passing near Elbrus mount and Inguri lake but it's not at all the same thing. It's really two different worlds.