Joystick in the Center, or on the Side? Which is best and why?

Wait, what? I am well aware of the famous history of the F-16 stick and the changes made, as most of us here probably are. I really don't follow your reasoning. I find very little of this applicable to argument, that Force sensing might be better compromise for arm-chair pilots when it comes to accuracy-realism.

Might well be the language barrier... I will try to rephrase.

What I wanted to point out is that just force sensing alone does not equal in easier and more precise control. I gave the example how this process happened in real life and what is the result -> humans need positional feedback for force sensed controls to overcome the PIO, etc.

Very good example, if you do not like F16, is Saitek X65F and early FSSB versions which ignored positional feedback and which made using such joysticks more frustrating than clasical designs.

So the argument of throwing mechanical design completely out of the window does not work in practical sense. The end result for good pilot stick (real or gaming) is to include good displacement mechanics (to minimize all the flaws you had mentioned) and use good sensor tech for picking - either be it displacement or force related.

As I've already said, it moves 4mm at max deflection. Four millimeters to command a 9G turn. Nobody is going to perceive a 4mm movement when they're applying 31 pounds of force.

It's not positional feedback, it's flex. By making it feel like the stick is flexing in the hand, the pilot gets a better idea of how their inputs are being received, and it also acts as a small buffer that smooths out the force being applied.

Think of it like a hex key that you're using on a very stuck bolt that's so tight, you need to insert a screwdriver into the long end to extend the lever arm. As you try to turn the hex key, the bolt won't move, but the hex key itself will flex. You feel the flex in your hands and it acts as a dampening effect, which enhances your perception of how much force you're applying.

Compare that to a wrench turning a very stuck nut. The wrench doesn't flex as you're applying force on it, and you can't tell as easily how much force you're applying, so you can easily end up applying too much force.

Nobody is going to perceive a 4mm movement when they're applying 31 pounds of force.

Yes they are, that's why the feature was added later.

Not sure why you continue to argue. This is clearly a personal preference thing, we've put our views across, so it's time for us to move on and simply answer any questions as required.