StarForce deactivations increased

Dolphin887

Dear users,

some good news:

we worked closely with the StarForce people to increase the number of deactivations for all our present and future MiG-21bis users to 12. Not an easy task but we made it.

Once again, if you have any difficulties running the MiG-21bis, let us know at support@leatherneck-sim.com.

Please take care in this transitional period until we patch the MiG-21bis for all DCS platforms: it's going to be much easier to all of us once we are through.

Thank you for all your patience and support so far.

Rest assure we are doing our best to improve in every possible way.

Once again, big thanks to Eagle Dynamics and TFC for their help along our difficult way.

At your service,

M3 guys.

• Like 2

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update ... I will wait until the patch has taken effect, and then start to learn to fly the MiG-21 ...

I purchased it during a sale, even tough at the time I was busy learning the Viggen, but fully intend to fly it soon :)

best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That's good news, thanks!

Is there a way to see how many deactivations / activations are still available, without going through the process?

And what are the rules now? I'm wondering if I can switch between the beta and the alpha, but since I ran out of deactivations I'm being cautious.

(I suppose that hasn't changed, and it's "-1 deactivation per deactivation" no matter what, "no change per activation" when a deactivation has been done before, "-1 activation per activation" otherwise, for ex. if the registry entry has been deleted, or a new installation on a new computer?)

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Is there a way to see how many deactivations / activations are still available, without going through the process?

I don't think so, although Im not 100% sure.

Maybe you can take your serial and check at the StarForce site (I have no time to check it now).

As for switching the Alpha-Beta-Public MiG - I don't recommend this at all at the moment. It will surely cause further complications among the users if this routine becomes popular.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Dolphin.

Great news and fantastic support as always.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The license check function in your ED e-shop profile will tell you about your activation count but it does not list deactivations. It is possible that the Starforce web page will tell you but I did not check.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is superb news Dolphin.

Thanks for you and your team's big effort on this and on patching the module. :thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I ran into this problem AFTER the patch event, my serial numbers - being correct - did not work. I made an error report from the mig-21 splash screen and sent it to support by email.

So far no reply and its been about 3 days now. So.. i came to the forums to see if something was amiss and.... there most certainly is.

1st... Thank you for trying to deal with the issue.

Secondly: Star Force has a history of causing severe problems to peoples computers, personally i would throw them to the curb, and not "feel lucky" they are peddling out a few more id's.

I'm not a computer expert, I have read the posts and I don't understand how to fix my DCS so myself and my friends can fly the mig-21 until apparently the next patch sequence. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not interested in putting more effort into learning how to fix this until its "fixed" i already put as much time and effort as i'm willing to put into it, maybe i should know more about computers, but i don't and i'm not the worst out there <-- hint.

I feel slighted that there was a days notice on the forums to prevent an issue. It should not be expected that every paying client, check the forums daily to insure that its "safe" to run the module.

Now, don't misunderstand me, I appreciate the effort. But i'm not going to get "virtually" slapped in the face and sit here and say "thank you" may i have another to Star Force!

I'm am a paying client of this module, and i have made an exception to my BAN on StarForce only because there is nothing else out there like DCS. <--- only reason DCS is on my computer due to those &*^% tards at Star Force *&^king yet up again with my computer.

maybe i should have waited until this all blew over, and i would write less emotionally, BUT developers should get a feel for the emotional response this kind of stuff generates upon their paying customers.

respectfully pissed off. Thank you.

Edited by cauldron
  • Like 1

That is superb news Dolphin.

Thanks for you and your team's big effort on this and on patching the module. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

So far no reply and its been about 3 days now. So.. i came to the forums to see if something was amiss and.... there most certainly is.

We replied to every single message that has come into our inbox.

It's possible that our reply ended in your spam folder. Please check.

Please, check sent mail: make sure you sent the mail to correct address.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks my email made it through and I'm left with only 2 activations

Please send me PM with some details so that I can check what is going on at the StarForce server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please send me PM with some details so that I can check what is going on at the StarForce server.

sent another email, Starforce said you guys would grant us some more activation..

I just cant believe I had 9 activation last week and all of a sudden had 2 left.

I didn't get any reply either (checked my spam box too), that didn't bother me, seeing this thread I understood there would be new deactivations granted and that seemed more efficient than processing everyone's case.

But I'm still out of deactivation apparently. I suppose I'll delete my registry keys again and lose one activation instead, but I wish I had my original token count back at some point, this limitation wasn't really clear from the start.

Clipboard01.jpg.876aeedee674cafd9c650e28f3b09f3c.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I don't get it very well. In the PDF there is aprocedure how to handle the patching itself. However, as someone correctly noted perviously, not everyone check every day forums of all his modules. So I did not notice and patched in a standard way, leading to key failure. What is the fix procedure when the patch is already applied and module is not working?

err.jpg.103257c50c8c395a5d139413096e4021.jpg

The Ancient Fox

I don't get it very well. In the PDF there is aprocedure how to handle the patching itself. However, as someone correctly noted perviously, not everyone check every day forums of all his modules. So I did not notice and patched in a standard way, leading to key failure. What is the fix procedure when the patch is already applied and module is not working?

It's covered in this thread, first post, check the pdf. In summary, you apply the .reg file (double-click it), it will remove your current key. Then when you start DCS you'll be asked for the key to activate the new version.

I checked my out box and my email spam folder, address was correct & no response... But.... Thank you very much for the patch PDF i was able to follow it and it worked to reset our activations.

hopefully star force has this cleared up so it does not repeat.

off to do some flying :pilotfly: