IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - MARCH 2017

Dolphin887

Dear all,

Most of you know we have issues with the StarForce protection for the MiG-21Bis module.

The primary complaint was that the protection was not flexible enough for the users' hardware and/or software changes.

We took this very seriously, and dedicated our time to work on the fix along with the people on the StarForce team.

Our Starforce patch will be distributed along Eagle Dynamics next DCS World openBeta patch, which should be released by the end of this week.

This is a major patching event for all of us, and it will require your cooperation for a proper and successful execution. In short, in order to save one activation for MiG-21Bis, you will have to deactivate the module BEFORE the DCS 1.5.6 patch is downloaded to your PC. We advise you to do this in next 24 hours.

We have created a guide with detailed instructions that will help you prepare for the incoming patch: please find the attached two identical documents written in English and Russian languages.

Please feel free to distribute them among your friends that are using the MiG-21Bis module.

Note that if you are using DCS World 2.0.5 openAlpha, you do not have to do this at this time. However, when Eagle Dynamics decide to distribute the patch for DCS World 2.0.5 openAlpha, we will distribute the same StarForce patch; thus a simmilar procedure will be required if you do not use any other version.

If you patch 1.5.6 openBeta first after doing the procedure, it is not required again for 2.0.5 openAlpha update.

If there is a 2.0.5 openAlpha update and you update that first ((doing the procedure) before updating 1.5.6 openBeta), then you do not have to do it for 1.5.6 openBeta.

The same as in 1.5.6 stable release. We will do our best to keep you informed in time.

We sincerely appologize for this inconvinience. Our ultimate goal is your satisfaction: there are things we have to do to get there, and there are some thing we have to do together.

We will provide help along the way and we hope this transition will be sucessful. We also hope you will like the fixes we prepared in the next patch.

If you need any help please write us at support@leatherneck-sim.com.

Your dedicated developers,

LNS

Important MiG-21 StarForce patch MARCH 2017 EN.pdf

Important MiG-21 StarForce patch MARCH 2017 RU.pdf

Edited by -Rudel-
  • Like 2

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dolphin! This is only a suggestion, but why not just refill all of the activations for your customers who have supported this product?

We did that - we added 2 activations for every key. Its mentioned in the documents.

However, the remaining number of activations might not show correctly until the patch "sticks" to StarForce server.

Edited by Dolphin887
typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the heads up about this and the detailed instructions to deal with it. Product is now deactivated.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Thank you Dolphin.

Thanks for taking care of the Fishbed community so kindly and thanks for the impressive fixed bug list you have recently posted in the bugtraker.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

First: Thanks for your work on solving this issue. :thumbup:

I have two questions :

1. Do you refill deactivations as well?

I had my activations refilled back when there were problems with 2.0, but when I checked my deactivations, I had only three left.

2. How do you handle the difference between activation types used in 1.5 and 2.0?

Last time the difference meant that every time you switched between 1.5 and 2.0, StarForce required a new activation.

Will this be a problem again?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

No.

Only a Fishbed lover.

PD: The info is in the PDF XDDD.

"Troubleshooting

If you patched MiG-21bis refuses to activate for any reason, to avoid further complications please

exit the DCS and perform deletion of registry entries for “Leatherneck Simulations” (explained on

page 8 ).

Note that we provided 2 additional activations per each key.

If you need any further help, please contact us at support@leatherneck-sim.com"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

What i understand:

If you have two keys, lets say one with 4 activations left and the other with 6 activations left, after the update you are going to have the first key with 6 and the second key with 8.

Thats my guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Do you refill deactivations as well?

I had my activations refilled back when there were problems with 2.0, but when I checked my deactivations, I had only three left.

2. How do you handle the difference between activation types used in 1.5 and 2.0?

Last time the difference meant that every time you switched between 1.5 and 2.0, StarForce required a new activation.

Will this be a problem again?

1. We will check this at StarForce server.

2. I admit that's the worst case scenario for us. The only thing I can advise at the moment is simply not to use (try to activate/deactivate) MiG-21bis in unpatched DCS 2.0.5. You can still use all other aircraft. We will talk with TFC/ED management if it is possible to release MiG-21bis patch for 2.0.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We advise you to do this in next 24 hours.

Maybe you don't have a choice, but that is pretty short notice! A lot of people are going to miss it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Starforce is the DRM being used. All Mig-21 users are Starforce users.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

1. We will check this at StarForce server.

2. I admit that's the worst case scenario for us. The only thing I can advise at the moment is simply not to use (try to activate/deactivate) MiG-21bis in unpatched DCS 2.0.5. You can still use all other aircraft. We will talk with TFC/ED management if it is possible to release MiG-21bis patch for 2.0.5.

Thanks for your swift reply Dolphin.

I really hope you manage to knock down the issue this time.

:thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

This patch is intended for openBeta. When ED releases the update for the stable version, follow the same procedure in the PDF

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

PLEASE let ED starforce guys know to open up VirtualMachine restrictions on paid maps, this is a HUGE deal - most multiplayer hosting companys run VM's, your counting them completely out! https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183227 - this matters for all starforce maps (I own 2 copys of the map and I cant use it atm because of this) - I dont know where to else to put this message, the starforce guys need to know

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I deactivted in the Open Beta then i tried to deactivate in Stable and received a message saying that the module was already deactivated. Same for the Alpha.

So i guess that once deactivated it's deactivated for all DCS installations currently on the PC.

Thanks Rudel.

The PDF says its for DCS 1.5.6, not Open Beta, but good to know its the same procedure on both versions.

So this friday the version to be updated is the Open Beta?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I deactivted in the Open Beta then i tried to deactivate in Stable and received a message saying that the module was already deactivated. Same for the Alpha.

So i guess that once deactivated it's deactivated for all DCS installations currently on the PC.

Correct. Regardless of how many different version you are running, there is only one activation in use. Deactivating any version will affect all of the versions where the Mig is installed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: