Good News! F15C AFM from "BelSimTek"

uboats

I just found this news from belsim's web

http://www.belsimtek.com/news/1459/

BelSimTek Nearing Completion of F-15C Advanced Flight and Engine Models

The original F-15C flight model currently featured in DCS was developed over a decade ago and represents an earlier generation of simulation technology. Despite demonstrating generally correct aerodynamic performance under normal flight conditions and providing great gameplay, current user expectations, available computer power, and developer expertise demand a higher level of fidelity. As a result, a comprehensive advanced flight model of the primary U.S. jet fighter, the F-15C Eagle, has been under development for DCS.

The complete aerodynamics model accounts for mass, force, and moment interactions of the aircraft’s elements as subjected to airflow. Unlike the previous model, which regarded the aircraft as a single point of focus, the new flight model consists of individual aircraft elements carefully tuned to reflect their unique aerodynamic characteristics and joined together to determine the sum vector of the airframe’s momentum.

Over a year a hard work has gone into the development of this model and now it is finally ready for initial external testing. The primary element of the new model is accurate aerodynamic performance that closely matches the characteristics of the real F-15C Eagle throughout the flight envelope, including in critical angles of attack, stalls, and spins. Maneuverability characteristics are also correctly modeled throughout the flight envelope, providing accurate performance in acceleration, available sustained G, maximum airspeeds, maximum altitudes and other characteristics.

Of course even real aircraft differ somewhat from their documented performance characteristics due to slight individual variability, but we have made every effort to ensure you are truly immersed in the experience of driving – without a doubt – one of the best fighters of the 20th century.

In addition to the aerodynamics model, the flight model includes a new engine model, based on the F100-PW-220 engine with increased dry and afterburner thrust. The model accounts for inverted and negative G flight effects and features a special afterburner component model. The flight model also includes a new fuel system model as well as nosewheel steering and wheel brake component models.

Special attention was paid to accurately recreate the design of the F-15C flight control system, including Pitch Ratio control adjusted for airspeed and altitude, Aileron/Rudder Interconnect (ARI), Control Augmentation System (CAS), Attitude and Altitude autopilots, and the Pitch Trim Compensator (PTC).

The new model significantly improves the entire flying experience, making special flight conditions like air to air refueling, landing, and edge of the envelope flying far more dynamic, exciting, and even more challenging. Straight and level flight no longer feels like “flying on rails” while maneuvering flight provides a sensation of the power and control in your hands.

At this stage of development, we can confidently provide a highly accurate aerodynamics model of the F-15C accompanied by a partly reproduced systems model.

The estimated release date of the new flight model for F-15C Eagle DCS module is late March, 2014.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated:

what about su-27 afm? I do not think ed will allow f-15c afm vs su-27 sfm

Edited by uboats
update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will probabaly be with the 1.2.8. update...

Maybe. But it seems too soon according previous update frequency.

And where is Wags and DCS Official Updates? Long time no see.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

I thought an open beta was planned for 1.2.8. If that is the case I wonder if DCSW 1.2.8 OB will be released soon/er without F-15 module to hash out any issues outside of the AFM?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Good find.

AFM, AEM, NWS, real-like wheelbrakes ... only DCS hardcore systems/ radar and a clickable cockpit to do ... :music_whistling:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's exciting cant wait to experience an AFM on a fast jet but it is an estimate. I wouldn't be surprised if things change and we may have to wait a bit longer.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Maybe. But it seems too soon according previous update frequency.

And where is Wags and DCS Official Updates? Long time no see.

it was already stated by someone that the F-15C AFM Just missed 1.2.7 Feature Freeze.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it was already stated by someone that the F-15C AFM Just missed 1.2.7 Feature Freeze.

Maybe new F15C module does not need to wait for 1.2.8 :P

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Great news, really good.

I think that this and EDGE are the two things that are gonna keep us busy for the next year or so.

When the AFM comes to the Flanker we are gonna have a lot of work, and a lot of study with the flight envelope in a combat situation.

Add the eye candy and new missions possibilities of Nellis and I have a nice and calm waiting the time to open and read the overview section of my brand new DCS F/A-18C Hornet Flight Manual....

What a cracking job belsimtek are doing though. Already have two excellent quality helicopter sims, are well on the way with this AFM and are in the process of providing us with an F86 and a Cobra. They really are producing the goods!

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

What a cracking job belsimtek are doing though. Already have two excellent quality helicopter sims, are well on the way with this AFM and are in the process of providing us with an F86 and a Cobra. They really are producing the goods!

Definitely, a lot of horsepower, dedication and skill.

And they have the good practice of not to generate too much noise

Agree. But I hope that they will start releasing final versions too. I know they were waiting for ED but anyway... :joystick:

Definitely, a lot of horsepower, dedication and skill.

And they have the good practice of not to generate too much noise

Tomcatter.

I notice your affiliation with VF 31.

Are you only interested in an F18 for DCS or like me do you long to one day see a Tomcat as well?

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Can someone tell me what AFM stands for? Thanks

Advanced Flight Model.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

It stands for advanced flight model. It calculates the reaction of an a/c under given conditions using a mathematical model in real time, and takes into account the force from each and every control surface of the a/c. In contrast, the standard (or simplified) flight model (SFM), which is what F-15 and Su-27/33 have now, consults a table of numbers for the determination of the reactions of a plane. The SFMs treats each a/c as a single object, and do not consider the forces of each control surface independently.

At least that's my understanding of the subject... Hope it helps.

Edited by blackbelter

Can't wait. Although... the flanker is what I really want. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Absolutely F******* Magic, no matter what anyone else tells you. :smartass:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

AFM is like blackbelter mentioned. It is basically account for extra forces effect on airfoil and missiles not previously modeled in the older generation flaming cliffs.

Think of it as A-10C flight modeling. Probably this will create challenges for control but hopefully that jerky feeling of F-15 control would be gone by its application.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

What's the rough timeframe for 1.2.8 release anyway?

LAst I heard it was "end of days"

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: