Missing Explosion Visuals

• ED Team

Hi Mattserizer - Sting

welcome to the forum

Please attach your dcs.log straight after this happens, it should give us some clues. ( A guide for logs is in my signature )

If you have any unofficial mods remove them then run a cleanup and repair

( guide in my signature )

also please let us know your system spec

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

I just checked mine it seems to be working fine, I see the explosion

are you sure they are not inert? and the fuse setting is selected

can you attach a screenshot of your settings or your options.lua i will take a close look

Screen_180319_125534.thumb.jpg.65b2ce568f33fec96d61f6b4241b02e2.jpg

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Try deleting the fxo and metashader folder here

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

restart DCS and retry, bare in mind the first load will be longer now due to shader creation.

let me know if you see a difference.

Fxo and metashader were deleted etc prior to this report, as was the standard repair cleanup etc. Unfortunately the go to quick fixes have no influence over this. This is also not a recent bug, first noticed it about a month ago... can’t remember exactly when, but post 2.5 with the ‘new’ explosions, a few patches in, maybe hotfix 2 roughly

(So yes the 2.5 explosions used to work / be visible)

• ED Team

Finding the reason is the hard part, I have tested with the same version you are using and mine are fine.

wondering if it is something wacky like AV creating a problem, try adding DCS to your allowed list. Meanwhile I will ask around and see if any of the team have any ideas.

• ED Team
Going with a full uninstall and re install

OK let me know how you get on,

might also be worth doing a fresh saved games DCS.Openbeta folder just to be sure it isn't anything here either

A full reinstall appears to have solved the problem.... Happy bug hunting, assuming that you’ll attempt to ID the problem

Why (and how) would ED hunt a "bug" that was only occuring on your broken installation of the game? :noexpression:

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team
A full reinstall appears to have solved the problem.... Happy bug hunting, assuming that you’ll attempt to ID the problem

Thanks for letting us know.

I don't think we will find this one, but will watch out for it on my travels

thanks

If I can add to this I'm having the same problem. Explosions from bombs (not normally rockets) are not producing explosive visual effect. Bomb still does damage and leaves a 'crater' at impact point. Explosion effect is seen if the bomb scores a DIRECT hit on the target.

Similarly I get no explosion effect from A-A (both SAM and fighter launched) missiles hitting their target. The target plane/helicopter simply disintegrates/starts smoking/wing falls off with no explosion. Can attach logs when I get home if it helps. Will also try all fixes suggested here but thought I would add that this isn't unique to the OP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm, good luck with it, but expect to have to do a full reinstall. FYI, i ran the unins000 app in the game folder, followed by a manual deletion of the residual folders and the saved game folder. I did however take a copy of this saved games folder and placed it elsewhere under a different name. Install was okay, then pasting in the inputs from the copied folder had no detrimental effect.