[RESOLVED]AI climb problem

Reflected

I set up a mission, where the AI has to fly straight level at 2,000 feet until WP1, then be at 25,000 feet at WP2. As soon as they reach WP1, they do a chandelle, and the other flights stall out. I tried to place the WPs further apart, decrease the altitude of WP2, decrease the Ground speed of the lead flight, to no avail. Is there any trick I'm missing to make the AI climb properly?

Thanks!

Desktop_Screenshot_2018.03.18_-_10.27.34.02.png

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Is there any trick I'm missing to make the AI climb properly?

Don't think you are missing anything. I have the same problem and reported this behavior some time ago in the bug section https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193363

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I've had the same issues. You can go nuts and create a couple hundred waypoints with minimal altitude difference but even then things still get weird. They just climb sharply, then level out for a bit and regain speed, then execute another sharp climb.

You can prevent the stalling this way though.

I've had the same issues. You can go nuts and create a couple hundred waypoints with minimal altitude difference but even then things still get weird. They just climb sharply, then level out for a bit and regain speed, then execute another sharp climb.

The AI logic has changed quite substantually as we can all see for the worse because:

1. AI planes use to fly up to the altitude of the next waypoint gradually and realistically over the distance between them, now they only change altitude when they hit the next waypoint and try to climb to the new altitude all in one big go within a few short meters after the waypoint they just passed, instead of over the kilometers given to the next waypoint.

Real shame I miss the days when they worked correctly, looks ridiculous now.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Hi all I have reported this issue

Thanks BN! Great to see some movement for the issue.

Could you add the [REPORTED] tag in the bug section as well, please https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193363

Might clearer for the people.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• ED Team
Thank you so much! :thumbup:

No problem

in fact it was already reported and my report was deleted as a duplicate :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate to burst any bubbles, but with a group of 3x AI FW-190D's I'm still seeing the group hit a waypoint with an altitude increase and start an erratic climb.

The group starts at 100 feet AGL / Speed 270.

Waypoint 1 maintains speed and altitude with GS checked. Aircraft fly straight and steady, although not at 270, slightly slower.

Waypoint 2 has speed 270 GS checked, Alt 3000 (which changes to 2999 by itself), the aircraft in the group go into extremely steep climbs until they nearly stall. Then the level out some to regain a little speed, but do not attempt to return to 270 kts.

For Waypoint 3 I want to continue the climb to 5000 feet, and enter 5000 into Alt, but it immediately reverts to 3937. I can set it lower, but not higher. I enter 5000 to see what happens.

For Waypoint 4, the group should go to 6500 feet. Again, after entering 6500 the number reverts to 3937.

Even crazier than this, when I fly the mission. The group still climbs up to nearly what set in Waypoints 3 & 4, but the aircraft are now porpoising, as if they are being controlled by two pilots, one trying to climb and the other maintain altitude, although the former is mostly winning, although not completely.

Mission attached.

Nmdy WWII Air Raid Rucqueville 04 waypoint test.miz

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1