How to raise/lower/move cockpit seat

fiddlinjim

I always found my position in the F-86 to be too high to see the gun sight properly, this was especially a problem in VR but also without VR.

The method to raise and lower the cockpit seat or cockpit eye point of view is to use the following commands.

Move seat down: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad 2

Move seat up: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad 8

Move seat forward: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad * (Zoom-In Slow also works well)

Move seat back: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad / (Zoom-Out Slow also works well

Recenter seat: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad 5

These commands work in all cockpits, with VR or without

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
I always found my position in the F-86 to be too high to see the gun sight properly, this was especially a problem in VR but also without VR.

The method to raise and lower the cockpit seat or cockpit eye point of view is to use the following commands.

Move seat down: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad 2

Move seat up: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad 8

Move seat forward: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad * (Zoom-In Slow also works well)

Move seat back: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad / (Zoom-Out Slow also works well

Recenter seat: Rcntrl + Rshift + Numpad 5

These commands work in all cockpits, with VR or without

THIS SHOULD NOT BE SO HARD TO FIND ED!

Also, once you have adjusted your pilot position, "RAlt+Num0" will save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

THIS SHOULD NOT BE SO HARD TO FIND ED!

It isn't hard to find. The subject has been discussed a lot on the forum, and carrying out a search is a discipline none of us living in the technical age should have any problems with. The search facility is prominently placed in the menu bar on the forum, and using it is exactly the same as any other search engine. It even accepts Boolean logic!

Not only that, but in the controls menu in game you can search for commands by typing in text, which I think was ingame in OP's original 2017 post.

Also

1) OP's post is the translate view controls, not the actual seat height controls (present only in some jets)

2) In the F-86, so I have to ask if this is before you raise the gear? Because that's a menu setting where the seat is deliberately higher to help with t/o and landing until you pull the gear up.