Chinese J-11

buzzstatus

Hi, I saw an ad for DCS World that has a J-11. Is that just a Su-27 with a PLAAF skin (and maybe Chinese voiceovers)? If so, how do I get it?

Hello,

The chinese Su-27 (or J-11), is available in Flaming Cliffs 3, in game go to:

- select "create fast mission" item ;

- select "Su-27" at the aircraft option ;

- select "China" at the country option .

Several PLAAF skins:

Start the mission, and right before mission loading, you should get an "mission planner" option (don't recall the exact name now), in which you can select from the several different PLAAF skins (very good).

You have to search the right symbols / options however, (aircraft paint squemes or something).

Hope this helps.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

It is not a J-11, it is an Su-27. A J-11 can carry additional Chinese design missiles (although based on other designs) and probably has a number of other minor differences. But the PLAAF does use some Su-27s, so I suppose it is accurate enough. :)

Which J-11 though?

The Original ones manufactured w/ Original Russian Parts, which were Su-27SKs / Export Version of Su-27, Built with Licensed Kits.

or the Newer Generation J-11B w/ Chinese Avionics and Different Base Materials.

Then you got the J-15 which is a copy of the Su-33

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It is not a J-11, it is an Su-27. A J-11 can carry additional Chinese design missiles (although based on other designs) and probably has a number of other minor differences. But the PLAAF does use some Su-27s, so I suppose it is accurate enough. :)

earliest imported Su-27SK is also named J-11

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |