Physical CBU Fuze Settings

dmatt76

What is a current procedure with cluster bombing? There are tutorials and videos with setting the EFUZ to INS, but I found it impossible to release cluster bombs with EFUZ set - the weapon is crossed out on the page. It must be off and only mfuz set to pri or VT. Is the height setting still not working?

Is the height setting still not working?

The weapons are hardcoded to open at 1,500 ft (457m), the setting in the stores page should be set the same so the computer has the correct info. to calculate the release.

I'm guessing IRL the burst height would be set on the bomb while on the ground.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The weapons are hardcoded to open at 1,500 ft, the setting in the stores page should be set the same so the computer has the correct info. to calculate the release.

I'm guessing IRL the burst height would be set on the bomb while still on the ground.

Correct. I also remember Wags saying that we'd eventually be able to change that.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

He even did an explanatory video on changing the burst height... still doesn't work, and at this point, i don't think it ever will.
I'm still hopeful. Maybe we'll get that capability when the DTC is implemented.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

He even did an explanatory video on changing the burst height... still doesn't work, and at this point, i don't think it ever will.

That's just for the CCIP/AUTO calculation, it has to be the same as on the CBUs themselves. Modifiying their settings is what's missing still. Hoping for a kneeboard option (same for the rockets R&S modes which can only be set in the ME at the moment).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg