How to get a symetrical loadout

bunraku

Hi

How can you get close to a symmetrical loadout that's balanced well if you have the TGP on one wing and the Jammer Pod on another?

I'm having issues with veering and suspect asymmetrical loadouts might be the cause. So whats the best loadouts to counter the TGP etc?

Thanks

I have always found that if I look through the loadouts in the mission editor, it gives me a good idea of how to make sure the wings are symmetrical. I saw a video a few weeks ago on the different loadouts real A-10s use that kinda talked about it. If I can find it I will post it here.

Trim makes everything feels symmetrical. Why cause yourself so much headache trying to get it perfect when you are just going to start dropping stuff (probably asymmetrically) a few minutes later? Every time I release ordnance, I find myself retrimming. I say just load up and have fun :)

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Trim makes everything feels symmetrical. Why cause yourself so much headache trying to get it perfect when you are just going to start dropping stuff (probably asymmetrically) a few minutes later? Every time I release ordnance, I find myself retrimming. I say just load up and have fun :)

This! The A-10 is also very forgiving with unbalanced loadouts, unlike some other aircraft like the MiG-21 :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

IF you’re one of those folks who insists on carrying six Mavericks, you can manually handle the release order via the DSMS and alternate releases. Allowing the system to fire off all three on one side is a first class ticket to flying sideways...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

and then there's that apparently outdated concept of 'old school' learning whereas we research the general weight characteristics of the TGP (661), ALQ-131 (672), ALQ-184 (474) and the other weapons and stores, and perhaps even document on a knee-board for our own personal use.

Sounds crazy I know, but that's what they used to do before Googl'ng from the cockpit became the rave for pilots.:music_whistling:

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC