DCS: F-86F Official EN Flight Manual

derelor

Suggestions for chapter 1.4.

Just did a quick skim of 1.5 since it's mostly a table. My only comment is all 'thousands' should have commas ... 1,234 ... 2,468 etc.

Suggestions for chapter 2. Mostly just added / removed commas. Also, make sure 'thousands' have commas.

Thanks, please review updated document.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

If you need help, you can read my unofficial Spanish manual, I used official documents to make it.

Your manual has a similar format to mine.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143714

Regards

Brisafresca

I can say that you have done an outstanding job on the unofficial Spanish manual, Briscafresca, even if my Spanish is not good enough to understand most of the text :)

It seems that most of the content (and more) is already included in the DCS: F-86F Flight Manual. Feel free to point out specific missing items and I will try to add them / have them added.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Thanks - please review update.
I didn't read the first paragraph of 3.1.1 too carefully. My bad. My suggestions ...

"The fuselage is a semi-monocoque structure, divided into forward and rear parts. The forward part hosts the air intake, the electronic equipment and armament bays, the pressurized cockpit, the radio equipment bay behind the cockpit, and the forward and aft fuel tanks. The engine is attached with trunnions of load-carrying frames in the forward fuselage. <-- Not too sure what trunnions are so I can't comment if this makes sense. The air intake channel bends around the cockpit from the bottom."

In the last paragraph of 3.1.1 ...

"the left and right speed brakes, and the fuel syste, system drain pipe"

I can say that you have done an outstanding job on the unofficial Spanish manual, Briscafresca, even if my Spanish is not good enough to understand most of the text :)

It seems that most of the content (and more) is already included in the DCS: F-86F Flight Manual. Feel free to point out specific missing items and I will try to add them / have them added.

Great, I will do it. :thumbup:

Regards

Brisafresca

Edited by Brisafresca

I didn't read the first paragraph of 3.1.1 too carefully. My bad. My suggestions ...

"The fuselage is a semi-monocoque structure, divided into forward and rear parts. The forward part hosts the air intake, the electronic equipment and armament bays, the pressurized cockpit, the radio equipment bay behind the cockpit, and the forward and aft fuel tanks. The engine is attached with trunnions of load-carrying frames in the forward fuselage. <-- Not too sure what trunnions are so I can't comment if this makes sense. The air intake channel bends around the cockpit from the bottom."

In the last paragraph of 3.1.1 ...

"the left and right speed brakes, and the fuel syste, system drain pipe"

My suggestions for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.

Thanks - please check updated version.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Just a suggestion...

For a US-made aircraft like the F-86, climb rates and maximum speeds should be in imperial units. Feet-per-minute (fpm), knots/mph, and feet. (Section 1.2, first paragraph)

Page 14: Pounds of thrust, instead of kgf. (p14 already uses knots)

Page 15: feet instead of meters

Page 16: bomb weights in pounds (45kg = 100lbs, 220kg = "500" lbs, 454kg = 1000lbs, etc ), and in the US we call 12.7mm guns ".50 caliber".

Page 17: engine performance in imperial units (ceiling in feet, speed in miles per hour (mph) or knots (kn.), combat radius in nautical miles (n.mi.), etc.)

Page 18: fuel capacity would be listed in gallons

etc. etc...

Yes, I know it'd be a ton of work to change and convert all the references.

Edited by gospadin

Just a suggestion...

For a US-made aircraft like the F-86, climb rates and maximum speeds should be in imperial units. Feet-per-minute (fpm), knots/mph, and feet. (Section 1.2, first paragraph)

Page 14: Pounds of thrust, instead of kgf. (p14 already uses knots)

Page 15: feet instead of meters

Page 16: bomb weights in pounds (45kg = 100lbs, 220kg = "500" lbs, 454kg = 1000lbs, etc ), and in the US we call 12.7mm guns ".50 caliber".

Page 17: engine performance in imperial units (ceiling in feet, speed in miles per hour (mph) or knots (kn.), combat radius in nautical miles (n.mi.), etc.)

Page 18: fuel capacity would be listed in gallons

etc. etc...

Yes, I know it'd be a ton of work to change and convert all the references.

I would not delete the metric units, but I would list them as secondary units with the Imperial units first.

For example 400 kts (740 km/h)

Page 53:

Note that there is no emergency method for opening the speed brakes and that this lever was not installed in the F-86F-35, the variant simulated in DCS: F-86F.

The mergency brake retraction lever has been removed in 1.5.3 update 1.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Page 53:

The mergency brake retraction lever has been removed in 1.5.3 update 1.

Yes, where exactly do you see a contradiction with the text in the manual ;) I hope we will be able to update all the screenshots in the manual to match all recent texture/model updates and fixes.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU