"This server can take screenshots from you"

WHOGX5

I tried to join a server today and got this prompt window.

Tc5NWij.png

What does it mean? Does it take screenshots from my perspective? Does it take screenshots from my Screenshots folder in saved games? :helpsmilie:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

It means a screen shot of your current point of view will be taken and sent to the server. The server admin can then browse thru the screenshots amassed and look for anomalies ( cheats/hacks that will appear in the shot )...

It's really not worth the bandwidth required to transmit all the screen shots, as it will only show a very limited number of cheats.

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

Pretty standard for multiplayer servers to be able to take screenshots. My guess is the GDPR is requiring disclosure. Probably not a good idea to have a text file with your bank login and passwords open in the back ground or on another monitor. Even if you did, chances of a server admin being malevolent are slim.

Pretty standard for multiplayer servers to be able to take screenshots. My guess is the GDPR is requiring disclosure. Probably not a good idea to have a text file with your bank login and passwords open in the back ground or on another monitor. Even if you did, chances of a server admin being malevolent are slim.

It supposedly only captures the game window.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I filed a FOIA with varous server admins, not heard back yet, gonna take it up with the EU while I still can. Blatant breach of data protection act...

I jest of course, but someone could potentially kick up a fuss, like with the naming of Nevada building logos, and play the line that people can't be coerced into waiving away their legal rights bla bla.

Its worth checking if game window is all, especially in VR and the vertical letterbox view it can give.

• Like 1

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.