Movie Maker's Feature Suggestion Thread (from UBi Forum)

Hi All,

Thanks to several members, we've seen a great increase in LOMAC movies on the net. They are not only great fun but also a great marketing tool!!

Sometime ago, when Carl Norman was directly involved with LOMAC, he created a thread at the Ubi forum invinting users to bring suggestions for the whole movie making proccess. The topic generated some very interesting comments which you can find here.

Unfortunately, the thread was left to abandonment and the community never heard back from the developers.

I would like to try and "resuscitate" this thread, bringing it over here. Further comments from the community and the devs are welcome!

FlyHigh and Check Six!

Muttley, out.

Hi everybody and happy new year :)

I think it'd be great to get a list of the corrections made to movie-making process for the 1.1... or maybe i'm blind and there is already such a list...?

especially for the : record-track-record-avi-very-long-list-of-bugs... :wink:

Hi Tom,

Nice to see you here! :) How's part two coming along???

The avi tool is great, but still, for bugs, as they say in Top Gun, "the list is long and distinguished!" :P

C'mon people!! Speak your mind!! Let the devs know what the problems are, so we can have greater and greater movies being published.

FlyHigh and Check Six!

Muttley, out.

I can tell you a couple things wrong with the current incarnation in 1.02...

1. The AVI size limit is reached quickly, and this could be easily avoided if AVIMaker would support automatic AVI splitting (ability to set AVI segment size, and auto-numbering and creation of sequential AVI files).

2. It seems the actual recorded FOV and/or camera postion doesn't always match the original when recording tracks which makes "in-cockpit" and outside close-ups a biotch to control accurately, especially when recording non-default aspect ratios.

3. Sound loses sync in longer recordings, or is shifted starts late in recorded tracks, or isn't recorded at all when using certain codecs. It would be nice to have these sound sync problems remedied and have an option to write sound to a .PCM file and allow the user to remix audio as they see fit.

4. This is not a problem, but it would be nice to have codec configuration access from within LOMAC (yes, this may be a PITA).

That's my short list :-)