Launch bar extension animation when lowering nose gear

Baz000

So, I was watching a cool video looking at USMC Hornets and I noticed that the launch bar "snaps" down when the nose gear is lowered... Looks quite sharp, then I thought to myself... Hmmmm, I wonder if the DCS Hornet looks like that too. so I fired up DCS and the animation I saw was basically the opposite animation of the launch bar retracting when raising the nose gear.

So I thought I would post this here to show how the real one looks in flight when being extended with the gear lowered to possibly help rectify that in DCS.

Yeah, I know... Small detail to work on / miss. But its these small details that bring the overall planes to life and give em character of their own.

Timestamp 9:32

Edited by Baz000

• 2 weeks later...
nobody else want the launch bar to animate properly, like the real jet?

Sure, it's Point 3453 on my must have list. Seriously, nice detail but there are far more important issues to fix...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nobody else want the launch bar to animate properly, like the real jet?

Well , i'd prioritise it ahead of Xillon's ufo...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2