F-14B Cockpit _continued_

IceFire

I miss the rwr display ..

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

good points, from what i saw in the live stream

attachment.php?attachmentid=195508&d=1538940294

Despite marketing it as the F14 version being the F14B version to be available for preorder and at initial Relase did not look like an F14B in images above. The F14 cockpit that was presented in the stream, It lacked the RWR display along with those new digital Instruments as you pointed out in the screenshot of the RL cockpits.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yeah, right model wrong cockpit, or right cockpit wrong model. :/

The cockpit in the video definitely is not a B. lol

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I miss the rwr display ..

In the A, you'll have to set that lower "MFD" (dunno how it's actually called here) up to show it - either that or the radar scope at least. That's how it's been in a non-DCS-grade sim from a company that's been named after a contraption on the carrier deck to recover aircraft.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

In the A, you'll have to set that lower "MFD" (dunno how it's actually called here) up to show it - either that or the radar scope at least. That's how it's been in a non-DCS-grade sim from a company that's been named after a contraption on the carrier deck to recover aircraft.

Correct, the A model does work that way. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Yeah, right model wrong cockpit, or right cockpit wrong model. :/

The cockpit in the video definitely is not a B. lol

Or maybe right cockpit and right model because you saw two different jets in the stream?

I think everybody should calm down a bit and stop bumping like crazy or create double posts for a WiP plane which is at least 2 months out. I'm pretty sure the RL pilots & RIOs in Heatblurs advisor team would have seen such an issue.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We used the -A cockpit for filming unfortunately as our two branches are not in sync art wise. Most of our references are -A's, hence it's the lead and the drop-in B elements have not been merged yet.

Other issues to note: lack of RWR antennas on fuselage, incorrect doubled up US markings on wings, etc.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We used the -A cockpit for filming unfortunately as our two branches are not in sync art wise. Most of our references are -A's, hence it's the lead and the drop-in B elements have not been merged yet.

Other issues to note: lack of RWR antennas on fuselage, incorrect doubled up US markings on wings, etc.

Makes sense, Cobra. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Thanks Cobra for clearing that up

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

Cobra could you elaborate a bit on the "Dynamic Cockpit" feature mentioned in the video posted today? Does this just mean that the A will have a different pit to the B or is it really every time I jump in an F-14 the aircraft will be slightly different?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Cobra could you elaborate a bit on the "Dynamic Cockpit" feature mentioned in the video posted today? Does this just mean that the A will have a different pit to the B or is it really every time I jump in an F-14 the aircraft will be slightly different?

you will have different labels, weathering depending on the airframe...they told that in the video

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yes but what is meant by airframe? Different models/blocks of F-14 or do I get a unique aircraft each time I spawn. Like flying an aircraft with a different serial number of the same model etc.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Where is RWR indication on F-14A? On displays only?

Су-27 Flanker | Су-30 Flanker-C | Су-33 Flanker-D | Су-34 Fullback | Су-24 Fencer | МиГ-29 Fulcrum | F-14A/B/D Tomcat | F/A-18C/D Hornet | F/A-18E/F Super Hornet | F-16C Fighting Falcon | F-15C Eagle | Eurofighter Typhoon | Tornado IDS | JAS-39 Gripen | AJ/JA(S)-37 Viggen | Rafale | M-2000 Mirage | Mirage F1

Ka-52 Hokum | Mi-28N Havoc | Mi-35M Hind | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | AH-1W SuperCobra

Flight helmets and engine nozzles are still wrong too :(

Engine nozzles?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The F-14B has always been my favorite variant of my favorite airplane. Like many of you I am excited for this release. I just hope Heatblur will continue development of the B model after release and incorporate the Sparrowhawk HUD somewhere down the line.

The F-14B has always been my favorite variant of my favorite airplane. Like many of you I am excited for this release. I just hope Heatblur will continue development of the B model after release and incorporate the Sparrowhawk HUD somewhere down the line.

That would be cool.. Personally I'd like to see them do a F-14D later on down the line once ED have the whole ground radar thing sorted out. I'd happily throw them another $30-$40 for the upgrade to the Super Tomcat. Although let me be clear I'm very happy that we are getting any Tomcat at all and I'm just dreaming :D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I seem to remember reading a post that Cobra made in regards to the Sparrowhawk.

Something about preferring to just make the 'D' 'Cat instead of the upgraded 'B' if and when they ever decided to model it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I see no point in adding the Sparrowhawk, considering it only really came very late in the A+/B’s life, it really isn’t that great in its history. When I think of the Tomcat I don’t think of its last years of service. I think of the era the thankfully Heatblur is simulating. The glorious 80’s and to a lesser extent the 90’s.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

I see no point in adding the Sparrowhawk, considering it only really came very late in the A+/B’s life, it really isn’t that great in its history. When I think of the Tomcat I don’t think of its last years of service. I think of the era the thankfully Heatblur is simulating. The glorious 80’s and to a lesser extent the 90’s.

1985 - 1995 seems to be the time period they're aiming for. Especially since they've got the AI A-6 coming out as well. By the time Sparrowhawk was introduced, the A-6 was long gone. I do agree that the Sparrowhawk is unnecessary.

Just wanting some clarification if we could get it.

In the livestream the B model is clearly being flown with the GE engines. But the A model cockpits are the ones being shown.

Cockpits_without_A-D_Upgrades.png

Thanks!

So this photo is pretty good, but with one notable error: there is no "F-14A+" cockpit since it is the exact same as the F-14B (logically since the F-14A+ and F-14B are the same airplane).

The cockpit labeled as "F-14A+" in the photo is a F-14A cockpit upgraded with the ALR-67, which is an upgrade applied to some F-14A squadrons that were expected to stick with the aircraft past the late-90s (like VF-154 and VF-211).

All F110 powered F-14s have the LCD engine gauges as depicted in the photos to the right.

There is a consistent confusion around the issue of "F-14A+" vs "F-14B", but they are the same airplane. Before 1992 the airplane was called the F-14A+, but after 1992 it was re-designated the F-14B with no associated hardware or software changes - just a "label" change. :)

-Nick

So this photo is pretty good, but with one notable error: there is no "F-14A+" cockpit since it is the exact same as the F-14B (logically since the F-14A+ and F-14B are the same airplane).

The cockpit labeled as "F-14A+" in the photo is a F-14A cockpit upgraded with the ALR-67, which is an upgrade applied to some F-14A squadrons that were expected to stick with the aircraft past the late-90s (like VF-154 and VF-211).

All F110 powered F-14s have the LCD engine gauges as depicted in the photos to the right.

There is a consistent confusion around the issue of "F-14A+" vs "F-14B", but they are the same airplane. Before 1992 the airplane was called the F-14A+, but after 1992 it was re-designated the F-14B with no associated hardware or software changes - just a "label" change. :)

-Nick

I can tell you that in the fleet there was a distinction. I was in VF-101 from 90-93 and we had birds we called A+ (avionics upgrade with old engines) and birds we called B (avionics and engine upgrade). Now maybe in the Navy official history there is no difference, and these birds had simply had their avionics upgraded and were waiting on a slot to go to NADEP NORVA to get their engines done, I don’t know. But I can tell you that to the folks in the fleet there was definitely an A+ and a B.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick