Multiplayer Crash upon entering server

Proteuswave

I'm on windows 7 actually.

Lol ok well there goes that idea that it was related to the October update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

This error started yesterday for me. I have done a repair and it didn’t make a difference. I have uninstalled the game and I’m reinstalling at the moment. Doesn’t sound like it’s going to make a difference. I sent support an email a couple of days ago with log files but haven’t heard back yet

This error started yesterday for me. I have done a repair and it didn’t make a difference. I have uninstalled the game and I’m reinstalling at the moment. Doesn’t sound like it’s going to make a difference. I sent support an email a couple of days ago with log files but haven’t heard back yet

Hey Jirah keep us updated if you hear any feedback from ED

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

So it seems it is (for me at least, and some other players on the internet) linked to trying to join servers which are on a different version to the client, e.g. Open Beta vs Release.

I've patched to Open Beta and can now join the server I was crashing from. From looking in my previous days crash logs, they had a number of complaints about Ticonderoga's, Kilo subs and a few other ship assets, so it's possible it's only the Open Beta servers which have deployed naval objects which will trigger the crash.

The server listing page gives a listing of what server is running what version.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/gameapi/serverlist.php?login=yes&by=PLAYERS&order=desc

2.5.3.22652 appears to be OB and 2.5.3.22176 appears to be release.

Cool thanks. The release will probably match OB version tomorrow if the patch is released as usual.