Harpoon and Fixed-Point

reilar

Does anyone know how the Fixed-Point option works for the Harpoon missile? I've read in the manual about it but can't figure out how it works. Is it a way of telling the missile where the target is located, i.e. in the middle of start of search and self destruction? How is this then different from launching the missile without using the Fixed-Point option?

Up !

I don't understand how it works too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Thanks for the video ! After watching and testing in-game, now I understand fixed point:

sx9yhwV.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

The Harpoon Shipboard Simulator package developed under task NAV93/294 provides operators with a windows based simulation tool that enables them to input firing data, either manually or via the SWG1-A fire control system, and obtain feedback of the outcome during non-firing exercises. Using the simulation package will enhance operator training value and give operators the ability to modify specific launch parameters and examine different firing outcomes

Flying is a passion!

You can need medial appoinment in https://nearbyall.com/

Ok, but what's its purpose ?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

To attack a location under different angle without updating bearing data manually I presume.

Not very user-friendly actually, maybe better with air/ground radar to mesure a precise distance from target location ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...