Bug report: Unable to select AIM7 when mixed load with AIM120

Floydii

It appears that when AIM-7s and AIM-120s are mixed on the four fuselage stations and at least two sidewinders (or a version of amraam not carried on the fuselage) are carried on the wing stations, you can only switch between 120s and Sidewinders.

I note that when no wing pylons have missiles on them, you can mix the four fuselage pylons however you please and can select all missiles.

The gameplay issue is that you can't effectively use mixed missile loadouts (or even some of the default loadouts) because the AIM-7s aren't selectable.

Has anyone else had issues with this? is it a previously reported bug?

Tested and confirmed however it is bugged only in special config, ie. you can have it all mixed and selectable when 120C is used on the #8 but not when 120B. Also one of the 7s (MH?) was not recognizable by the MFD.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 months later...
It appears that when AIM-7s and AIM-120s are mixed on the four fuselage stations and at least two sidewinders (or a version of amraam not carried on the fuselage) are carried on the wing stations, you can only switch between 120s and Sidewinders.

I note that when no wing pylons have missiles on them, you can mix the four fuselage pylons however you please and can select all missiles.

The gameplay issue is that you can't effectively use mixed missile loadouts (or even some of the default loadouts) because the AIM-7s aren't selectable.

Has anyone else had issues with this? is it a previously reported bug?

Confirmed as well. This bug sucks when trying to practice with mixed load outs.

• 3 months later...

3 Aug 2019 still has this bug. For me, I had 2, 2, 4 and, for the life of me, could not fire a 120 until I got rid of the 7's. I tried putting it in TWS, going Flood and back to BVR, and even cussing didn't work.

And... since I haven't flow the Eagle in a long time, just what the hell happened to the speed demon at altitude? Flight dynamics (clean wings) had me in a stall so badly that I couldn't keep up with a tanker. The poor thing flies like a Hornet now. I had thought the speed brake was up but that wasn't the case at all.

Oh well. Two years with this 7, 9, 120 bug means it will never be corrected.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

• 2 weeks later...