My finished VR F18 "Rogers" Pit

LtSpoon

My finished VR F18 "Rogers" Pit

After a few weeks of work here my Vr Homepit of a F18.

Do not need all switches in VR, so only 15 switches were installed. I'm only missing a VR compatible UFC 🙂 KW908 will arrive soon :pilotfly:

I hope you like it 🙂

IMG_3054.JPG

Upgrade: JetSeat, Lights & UFC

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

Edited by LtSpoon
Fotos aktualisiert

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

• 1 month later...
hey! great job! its easy to used de DDI OSB ??? do you used plans ?? can yo shared pleasee!! again nice work! its iam trying to do for VR. Regards!

Hey ;)

All basic plans are from here http://hornetpits.org/ (great forum, many plans)

To use the DDIs in VR ?....no Problem after a few hours, keyword muscle memory :) I do not want to miss the 3 DDIs any more. They bring so much immersion. You look in VR to the right DDI, stretch out your arm and feel it in real. I love it.

If I can help you, just write ;)

Spoon

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

• 1 month later...

Curious what a "VR compatible" UFC would look like. Bigger buttons? Do your DDIs have bigger than normal buttons to better tolerate you groping at them?

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to what you do for the UFC, I'm definitely making one of these...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi! Thanks for shared this! its really great and helpfull. I got som questions.

I m working on a Left console VR compatible. i extracted the panels plans from Hornetpits, BUT, the plans doesnt match exactly with the VR 3D dimensions on the virtual cockpit, for example, the FUEL PANEL and the THROTTLE GAP are more bigger in the Virtual cockpit than the 1:1 plans. That make a 1 inch error when you put your hand into the panel trying to touch a Switch. Do you haved the same problem ? do you make some corrections to the 1:1 plans during the builting process ?

I put almost the 80% of the switches into the LEFT console, BUT i am putting only switch caps on the switches i am using in VR. That mixed with a good aligment of the Virtual cockpit and the real cockpit and muscular memory makes really easy to used and instuitive and looks the cockpit more asome with out VR ggogles too, you know for the show. i am thinking in share my progress, but if you want we can share info! Nice work man ! and <Byee

I have adapted everything a bit, because I also installed a keyboard in the front, for example. With the "switch find" and the operation of the DDIs i have no problems. Thx @ muscle memory and daily flying.

The switches are like in the real F18, but I only installed those that are needed very often and reinforce the immersion.

You are welcome to show your progress here, maybe there is something interesting for me :)

Hi!

Very nice!!! The guy from OpenHornet mentioned that the dcs pit is way off from the actual RL pit. Now there is a dilema now. Wether to build as close to RL or go with dcs measures? The later would certainly help in vr hand/”eye” coordination. Here’s my progress so far:

347F1B62-4826-47F1-B99F-DFFBF26E26E4.thumb.jpeg.88a79a01903f51e4298de9eb99679dbe.jpeg

Edited by Battis

i9-9900K 4,9Ghz, 2080ti, 32Gb, 1Gb m.2, Index, WinWing throttle, Baur BRD-N, Crosswind pedals, Orbwiever and tm mfd`s, all in a Hornet simpit.

Hi!

Very nice!!! The guy from OpenHornet mentioned that the dcs pit is way off from the actual RL pit. Now there is a dilema now. Wether to build as close to RL or go with dcs measures? The later would certainly help in vr hand/”eye” coordination. Here’s my progress so far:

I think that if we want to make a cockpit compatible and intuitive with virtual reality, we can use the hornetpits planes, but the comparison and final adjustments of the position of the panels and the measurements of these must be done while using the lenses, looking for the nose space and looking for alignment and reference points between the real and virtual cockpit is quite accurate. It is a tedious job but if you are looking for everything to fit it is the best way. It would be great if someone could update the plans to VR dimensions, if there were no changes between lenses and lenses it would be helpful. (I didn't do it in his momneto, but I could do it later)

Excellent work!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hey ;)

All basic plans are from here http://hornetpits.org/ (great forum, many plans)

To use the DDIs in VR ?....no Problem after a few hours, keyword muscle memory :) I do not want to miss the 3 DDIs any more. They bring so much immersion. You look in VR to the right DDI, stretch out your arm and feel it in real. I love it.

If I can help you, just write ;)

Spoon

Hey Spoon, I’m digging around on the Hornetpits forum, but struggling to find the plans for this, could you throw us a link please?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Spoon, I’m digging around on the Hornetpits forum, but struggling to find the plans for this, could you throw us a link please?

Here is the Link

http://hornetpits.org/index.php?topic=235.0

In this post you will find the plans for download. It is Sketchup Data.

K-Lu did a great Job ! Thanks again to him for making the plans available to the community.

I love my Pit :pilotfly:

• 1 year later...

UFC -> done

Lights -> done

now, 95% of my Pit is done.... Love DCS & my Pit 🙂

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_5541.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

Edited by LtSpoon
  • Like 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb molevitch:

Very Nice!

3D Printed canopy frame I think?

no, nothing printed. everything made of wood with a saw 😉

• Like 1

• LtSpoon changed the title to My finished VR F18 "Rogers" Pit