Jester/Human RIO call out when Phoenix goes Pitbull?

PSYKOnz

I have no idea if this would happen IRL but would the RIO call out when the Phoenix went Pitbull either in TWS or STT?

Did real world RIOs know when the Phoenix switched to onboard guidance?

At the moment all I get from Jester is “lost lock” and I don’t know if it has actually lost lock or if it’s gone Pitbull he seems to call lost lock around the time I’m expecting the missile to go Pitbull and a quick peek at f6 does show it tracking on its own but I’m buggered if I know just from his calls

I Just don’t want to yell at him for losing lock if it’s actually Pitbull I want to save that abuse for when he loses lock under perfect conditions

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

You're in error Larkis - that countdown is an estimated time to impact not to pitbull. In reality those countdown digits should flash to indicate when the 54 has gone pitbull, however DCS limitations means this is currently unavailable but work continues to see if it can be featured.

In the interim the OPs suggestion sounds like a credible work around - at least for those flying with Jester. Human RIOs would still be wanting.

As mentioned already, the counter is an estimation and is not updated if the counter is manoeuvring. A human RIO can eyeball that moment quite easily if he sees the missile on the TID.

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

We will take it onboard, but first imo it is important that everything else gets fleshed out first, the phoenix for example, as atm it is always active off the rails (bug). I think it will be best if we continue evolving Jester, and then once he is more complete, we can see where we can still fill the gaps so to speak.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We will take it onboard, but first imo it is important that everything else gets fleshed out first, the phoenix for example, as atm it is always active off the rails (bug). I think it will be best if we continue evolving Jester, and then once he is more complete, we can see where we can still fill the gaps so to speak.

It can still be a useful feature for those of us that like role playing and prefer to support to missile until the Pitbull point :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

You're in error Larkis - that countdown is an estimated time to impact not to pitbull. In reality those countdown digits should flash to indicate when the 54 has gone pitbull, however DCS limitations means this is currently unavailable but work continues to see if it can be featured.

In the interim the OPs suggestion sounds like a credible work around - at least for those flying with Jester. Human RIOs would still be wanting.

So the Countdown is for the moment hitting the target? Thanks? Wonder most of the time while it takes so long to go pitbull. :D

Thanks for the answer!

The countdown timer on the TID will flash when the Phoenix is sent the active command. I would guess that HB will implement this when they have access to the missile in flight and can model the AWG-9 sending commands to the missile. A pit bull indication is irrelevant currently. Personally, I simulate it now myself by considering the Phoenix to be active when the timer hits 30 seconds.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick