UH-1 Skins.

JesseJames38

Brazilian Skin

I'm very new to skinning. I have done 2 for the Ka-50 and they aren't great. But I may take this on just to improve my skills in Photoshop and the code.

It may take a week or more, so don't get to impatient with me, I'll post here as I go.

I haven't done camo yet, the layer breakdown can be daunting with 3 or 4 different camo colors. Where they go in the layer, etc. I just found a ton of pics on Airliners.net.

I will try, I just may not succeed.

Edited by Crashmo

If I can figure out to make the UH-1 skins work in DCS I will certainly try to hit up some of these. The texturing is easier for the UH-1H than for the A-10C because there are fewer files to create seams. But for some reason my UH-1H skins aren't working yet (something wrong with the way I've set up the .lua I'm guessing).

Anyway, if I get a chance to work that out I'll see about hitting some of these patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just noticed you had completed a few VIP skins upuaut!

Beat me to it again :)

Very nice they are, although O was looking to do the Rammstein 1978 version, basically it looks like Marine One.

“Any pilot should be flying the spitfire, at least once.” – John S. Blyth

This please !

I'm a huge fan of Huey, specially after a friend of mine started to pilot of one these at Brazilian Air Force and told me some wonderful stories :smilewink:

BB

What does the red decal on the tail boom between the red lines say?

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@311Gryphon

It is a red arrow with "PERIGO" and means "danger".

Ah, I can't tell from the picture that it's an arrow. I'm assuming it points backwards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Work in Progress

I ran into difficulty with a Photoshop file that crapped out on me. Marker and Aussieboy helped me fix it.

Here are the beginnings of it with the tan base and gray. I need to clean up the gray and smooth the panel changes with that color, but here is so far.

By the way--very nice job, Upuaut. Where did you get the Brazilian markings to paste?

Screen_130627_115608.thumb.jpg.287190f4816a8e09d59a580e2a3fff6f.jpg

Screen_130627_120146.thumb.jpg.62833b90a81a1d81b6fb5932d038b20a.jpg

Screen_130627_120138.thumb.jpg.1a55045f5f3a99fc66597b3774e7d625.jpg

Edited by Crashmo

Okay, here's a try at the solid green Brasil skin. Not quite as cool looking as apaut's.

FAB.thumb.png.7bc4a021193ce05ac65c8bf9b9578126.png

Also, I only did the external skin. I personally would suggest downloading apaut's skin and using the pilot, copilot, gunner, helmet, and patch textures with this one if you want it to be a bit more imersive. Because honestly, I'm not going to get around to editing any of that! It would probably be easiest to copy the "description.lua" file from his then editing in the three texture names I used for mine.

Here's the link:

http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/15198360/file.html

Let me know if anything is way off. I'm kind of new. Also, thanks to Marker for helping me troubleshoot my personal custom skin, pointing me toward zippyshare, and helping me learn some cool features of Notepad++.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can I get a Black Ops NSA CIA skin please:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hi,

I changed the colors a little better meet the draft I used.

65.jpg

26_1.jpg

@Crashmo

I do use google searching for decals, markings and photos. Sometimes it takes lot of time to find something useable. Mostly I use them just as a pattern and then paint it by myself.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

@Crashmo @311Gryphon @upuaut

Guys, you rock !

I know that sometimes it's a hard work skinning and some people don't even botter about it.

I'm going to do my private pilot exam on monday and that's because i'm not so active recently. But if any of you need help at translation or marking meanings/images please keep in touch ! It would be a pleasure to help you !

Many thanks again !

Can't find anything about the UH1 being used by Sweden mate, have you got any sort of link?

uh-1_03305.jpg

http://www.helis.com/database/modelorg/1197/

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

can I get a Black Ops NSA CIA skin please:thumbup:

I'm working on the Israeli UH-1 at the moment and I have my MultiCam one that I need to work some things out on. Both of those may take me a bit because I only have so much time...but if you can provide a link or a photo or something for me to go on I'll give this a shot as soon as I can.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Crashmo @311Gryphon @upuaut

Guys, you rock !

I know that sometimes it's a hard work skinning and some people don't even botter about it.

I'm going to do my private pilot exam on monday and that's because i'm not so active recently. But if any of you need help at translation or marking meanings/images please keep in touch ! It would be a pleasure to help you !

Many thanks again !

No problem. Good luck on your private pilot exam!

If you get a chance, there are some doors and panels with words on them that I deleted on the textures I made (I left some but deleted some others). I'm not sure if they are on the Brazilian UH-1s but if you can translate them I'll add them on if you want. The following is a list of the panels.

"STEP"

"ACCESS FOR FIRE EXTINGUISHER"

"ENGINE OIL TANK INSIDE MIL-L-23699 OIL ABOVE -25F MIL-L-7808 OIL BELOW -25F"

"TURN SLIDE"

"TURN PULL"

"JETTISON HANDLE INSIDE"

If these would not be on the real chopper I won't include them, or if other oils would be used in Brasil and someone knows what those would be I'll change that - otherwise I'll leave them as the Mil-Std on the chopper now.

Thanks in advance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]