Server for Beginner?

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I just do my first steps online with the F/A18 and the A10C. Only flown in singleplayer so far for learning basics.

I would like to fly on the Buddyspike Blue Flag server... But I think this is a bit too advanced for beginner!?

Is there anything you can recommend for the motivated online beginner?

Thank you

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hello!

I just do my first steps online with the F/A18 and the A10C. Only flown in singleplayer so far for learning basics.

I would like to fly on the Buddyspike Blue Flag server... But I think this is a bit too advanced for beginner!?

Is there anything you can recommend for the motivated online beginner?

Thank you

Awe man, the learning to fly in the hard servers is how you get good :) Fly in the dynamic dcs server. Probably the best server out there. It actually feels like you are taking part in a war since it gives approved players control of the ground game. I think it's the only server that does that too. Idk, the other servers just feel...boring imo without the ground game really being a factor. Sure, have the opportunity to kill ground units in the other servers, but you never have that sense of urgency to kill an enemy convoy before it has a chance to roll down the runway and take the airfield.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

You should ask yourself what you are looking for here.

If you are looking to learn more about the plane operation, basic employment tactics and occasional cooperation with others, I would recommend servers labelled as 'Training' or 'Freeflight'. Personally I can recommend this one

Good thing is there are other people who are generally going to be helpful and supportive.

If on the other hand you are trying to dig into PvP dogfights against other players, well, then said kind isn't helping much and there isn't really a substitute for getting into it and living with getting shot down a lot.

Dynamic DCS server sounds nice... Will have a look!

Yeah man, while Buddy Spike is fun for some, it just felt...empty to me. There are clusters of ground units around the capturable FOBs and airfields, but that's pretty much it. You spend 20 min flying to a known point, kill ground/air units RTB, rinse and repeat.

Dynamic DCS feels 1000x more "real" to me, which is what I'm looking for in a realistic military flight sim. It has all the capturable FOBs/airfields like BS, but with the added capability of participating in massive ground battles (a little while ago there was a huge tank battle for control over the Maykop airbase) :). I also kind of feel like support helicopters have much use there as well, since you can sling units like Abrams and send them off to combat, repair bases, transport infantry groups/JTACs, etc.

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

X51 has a group for combat, mostly Europe all English speaking, but we have members from all over the world. They are practising every Wednesday. Join our Discord or shoot me a PM https://discord.gg/UJWEaM

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

You can also take a look to our server:

Persian Conquest PvE

You can spawn air to ground or air to air mission, or helps other player conquest new airfield ;)

New player are welcome, lot of different targets types......should be a great training point!

Regards and have a good MP flight!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at The Flying Pandas. We are always welling to help out new members of the flight sim community. We run a 24/7 sever where you can just fly or you can do A2A and A2G with AI.

Discord: https://discord.gg/EdVprTy

TFP Kane"Sticks"

The Flying Pandas Info

Teamspeak: 66.150.214.230

Discord: https://discord.gg/EdVprTy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]